Old 14-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Anonymous for Animal Rights

http://www.anonymous.org.il/english.htm

Anonymous for Animal Rights

The concept

Anonymous for Animal Rights is Israel's leading animal rights
organization. We chose the name "Anonymous" out of deep solidarity
with those sentient beings, without name or identity, known to us only
in their unimaginable numbers, who are subjected to systematic abuse.
Their suffering cries out to us. They are imprisoned in laboratories,
circuses, municipal pounds - but above all: in factory farms. They are
all anonymous. They all need our help.

We believe that other animals are not mere means in the hands of
humans to serve us as food, clothing, entertainment or subjects for
research. Our treatment of other animals should be governed by
compassion and by equal respect for their needs and interests.
Anything less than that would qualify as a type of racism. Real change
in the fate of nonhuman animals can only happen if we adopt a more
considerate and cruelty-free lifestyle.

Our way

Long-term change can only be achieved through a radical mind-shift
among human beings. Therefore, education and grassroots activities
have always been the focus of our work. These promote both public
recognition of animal rights, and endorsement of veganism and
vegetarianism.

Still, nonhuman animals are suffering right here, right now.
Therefore, Anonymous for Animal Rights also focuses on short-term
goals and campaigns. In our campaigns we combine fostering favorable
public opinion - sometimes working in the streets, using creative
attractions - together with professional and legal work done to
promote animal rights in municipal- and national-level initiatives.

Both courses of action are supported by our research efforts - both in
written material and in the field - collecting evidence wherever
animals are exploited.

Always there

Our regular activities include:

* Maintaining an animal rights education center and library - the
only one of its kind in Israel - where activists and visitors can find
educational material otherwise unavailable in Israel. The center
operates as a lecture hall and gathering place for activists, and also
includes an extensive library where the public can borrow books and
videos covering many aspects of animal rights.

* Distributing literatu leaflets, booklets, videos and books.

* Maintaining an extensive website in Hebrew and English.

* Distributing a weekly e-magazine, with current news and in-depth
articles. We now have more than 8,000 subscribers to the magazine.

* Daily tabling in Tel-Aviv and Jerusalem.

* Lectures in schools (and other venues) - also on a virtually
daily basis.

Looking animals in the eyes

Especially effective is our research and investigation project.
'Anonymous' activists have visited and documented dozens of facilities
where animals are being exploited. We have photographed hens in
battery cages, male chicks left to die at the hatchery, sows and
calves in individual cages, the violence in the foie gras (goose
liver) industry, the gross scenes of ritual slaughter, and more.
Pictures we took made their way to national media, the Knesset
(Israeli Parliament) and the courts, having strong impact.

Making a difference

Anonymous for Animal Rights was established in 1994. Our success
stories include:

* Banning the use of animals in circuses unless no suffering is
involved. Wild animals have not been allowed in circuses in Israel
since 1998.

* Banning experiments on animals and animal dissection in all
high-schools.

* Stopping the construction of another primate breeding facility
for experimentation purposes.

* Banning the tail docking and dehorning of cows without using
anesthetics.

Walking the trail

* Our campaign against the force-feeding of geese and ducks has
already resulted in a large public and restaurant boycott of foie
gras. The Israeli Ministry of Agriculture put the foie gras industry
on hold for an evaluation period of 3 years. A Supreme Court appeal to
abolish this cruelty altogether, supported by evidence provided by our
research teams, is still pending.

* Our quiet campaign against the veal industry has resulted in
recommendations of a governmental committee to gradually ban veal
crates. This is still to be enacted.

* Special efforts are put into issues of animal transportation and
battery caging systems for hens. Public awareness of the cruelty
involved in these practices is growing.

Above all, we strive to enroot the concept of animal rights in the
Israeli public. And with more and more media attention, more and more
academic recognition, more and more interest from politicians - and
more and more vegans and vegetarians, we believe that we are making
good progress.

Good will

The industries we oppose are well financed and deeply established in
our society. Our strength comes from our deep belief in justice and
from the dedication of our many activists. All of Anonymous for Animal
Rights' work is done by volunteers. Most of our humble budget is based
on small contributions from individuals. Anyone can help the struggle
for animals: there are infinite ways to make a difference. Joining
activities and providing resources are two important ones. For
donations or further information please contact us at:

Anonymous for Animal Rights, P.O. Box 11915, Tel Aviv 61119, Israel
Tel +972-3-5226992; fax +972-3-5220699

Hebrew

Old 14-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Ray

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
[...]

That can only be a good organization. But how do you educate the average Jew
to believe
that their ritual slaughter of animals is both barbaric and despicable?

Most kike's call me 'a racist' when I raise the subject.

Old 14-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Paul C

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:03:47 +0100, Nick Maclaren
wrote:

http://www.anonymous.org.il/english.htm

Anonymous for Animal Rights

The concept

Anonymous for Animal Rights is Israel's leading animal rights
organization.

Very good. Is there an equivalent organisation for Palestinians?

--
Paul

Old 15-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Mike MacKinnon

wrote:

http://www.anonymous.org.il/english.htm

Anonymous for Animal Rights

The concept

Anonymous for Animal Rights is Israel's leading animal rights
organization.

Very good. Is there an equivalent organisation for Palestinians?

You took the words right outa my mouth......

Old 15-07-2004, 01:18 PM

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:03:47 +0100, Nick Maclaren wrote:

http://www.anonymous.org.il/english.htm

Anonymous for Animal Rights

[...]
Looking animals in the eyes

Especially effective is our research and investigation project.
'Anonymous' activists have visited and documented dozens of facilities
where animals are being exploited. We have photographed hens in
battery cages, male chicks left to die at the hatchery, sows and
calves in individual cages, the violence in the foie gras (goose
liver) industry, the gross scenes of ritual slaughter, and more.
Pictures we took made their way to national media, the Knesset
(Israeli Parliament) and the courts, having strong impact.

· Because there are so many different situations
involved in the raising of meat animals, it is completely
unfair to the animals to think of them all in the same
way, as "ARAs" appear to do. To think that all of it is
cruel, and to think of all animals which are raised for
the production of food in the same way, oversimplifies
and distorts one's interpretation of the way things
really are. Just as it would to think that there is no
cruelty or abuse at all.

Beef cattle spend nearly their entire lives outside
grazing, which is not a bad way to live. Veal are
confined to such a degree that they appear to have
terrible lives, so there's no reason to think of both
groups of animals in the same way.
Chickens raised as fryers and broilers, and egg
producers who are in a cage free environment--as well as
the birds who parent all of them, and the birds who parent
battery hens--are raised in houses, but not in cages. The
lives of those birds are not bad. Battery hens are confined
to cages, and have what appear to be terrible lives, so
there is no reason to think of battery hens and the other
groups in the same way. ·
Old 15-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Cory Bhreckan

wrote:

http://www.anonymous.org.il/english.htm

Anonymous for Animal Rights

The concept

Anonymous for Animal Rights is Israel's leading animal rights
organization.

Very good. Is there an equivalent organisation for Palestinians?

You took the words right outa my mouth......

You can say that again