Old 22-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Broadback

Default Who's eating my potatoes

This year a lot of my potatoes have been eaten much more than the usual
slug holes, up to 3/4 of the tuber is gone. Now this year I have been
infested by voles, they have "done for" all my caulies, and a lot of
cabbages, do they eat spuds as well (while in the ground).
TIA
--
Please reply to the Newsgroup.
All emails sent to this address are automatically deleted.
Old 22-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Rod

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:02:46 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

This year a lot of my potatoes have been eaten much more than the usual
slug holes, up to 3/4 of the tuber is gone. Now this year I have been
infested by voles, they have "done for" all my caulies, and a lot of
cabbages, do they eat spuds as well (while in the ground).
TIA

Yep ;~((
Rod

Weed my email address to reply.
Old 22-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Broadback

wrote:

This year a lot of my potatoes have been eaten much more than the usual
slug holes, up to 3/4 of the tuber is gone. Now this year I have been
infested by voles,

Oh dear! sounds like you might need to invest in a (whisper it in URG)
C-A-T :-0

Thanks folks, I cannot believe the number of voles I have trapped. I've
invested in 4 mouse traps, and am catching at least 5 a day. I keep
hoping that there will be non in the traps, then maybe I will have
caught them all. A neighbour's cat uses my garden, for scratching up
seed beds, sun bathing and toilet facilities, and it is doing no good,
so I am certainly not going to invest in one. :-(