Old 22-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Kate Morgan

Default this morning in the garden

It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard work
worth it :-)

kate
Old 22-07-2004, 12:12 PM
John Edgar

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:25:50 GMT, Kate Morgan
wrote:

It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard work
worth it :-)

kate

Hear, hear - but I send my wife out to fight the weeds. It's much
easier.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old 22-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Choc-brain

"John Edgar" wrote

Hear, hear - but I send my wife out to fight the weeds. It's much
easier.

Maybe I should trade my husband in and get a wife instead...;-)

Choccie

Old 22-07-2004, 05:34 PM
John Edgar

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:37:50 +0100, "Choc-brain"
wrote:

"John Edgar" wrote

Hear, hear - but I send my wife out to fight the weeds. It's much
easier.

Maybe I should trade my husband in and get a wife instead...;-)

Choccie

I am afraid that wives are much better at it . . . ..
John
In limine sapientiae
Old 23-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Douglas

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard work
worth it :-)

kate

**********
Yes kate!.
I do understand. I still have my wife, my garden, and I have my clarinet.
There's nothing wrong with my mind, but during stressful times those three
in various ways have rescued my equilibrium.
I commune with all three and they answer in kind.
You'll find it warm and restful in the greenhouse.
Have a nice time, I'm off just now to my anechoic chamber (sound-proofed
room) in the far shed to do justice to
Motzzie's Clarinet concerto. Then there's the roses to prune before
tiffin, - (Earl Grey of course!, - and a choccie bikkie).
All best to you and yours!.
Altagethah Nah..........! - In the key of C,.....
....."It's the Good Life!"........!.
Doug.
*********

Old 24-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Douglas

wrote:

It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks

brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard work
worth it :-)

Anybody else noticed colours do seem more intense this year?

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

***********
Funny you should say that , Rod, - but this year, after forty-six years
of cultivation my garden has at last excelled itself and my two
greenhouses are the best ever. I just couldn't go wrong his year. All
of both the long and the short term planning have done me proud. After
all those years I have finally reached optimum and can't think of
anything more I can do.
The climate change has a lot to do with it, I think. I can't plan
further improvements , but nemmind, eh!, more time to sit under the
patio canopy and sip a nice cuppa Earl Grey.
Plus enter the second hut which is an "anechoic chamber",
oundproof), - and do justice to Mozart's clarinet Concerto.,- without
the occasional wrong notes next time, - I promise myself!.
BTW. by saying bindweed do you mean convolvulus?. I am plagued by the
roots coming under the fence from the next door N.-from-Hell's tip.
Toodle-pip!.
Doug.
**********

Old 25-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Rupert

.. After
all those years I have finally reached optimum and can't think of
anything more I can do.
BTW. by saying bindweed do you mean convolvulus?. I am plagued by the

roots coming under the fence from the next door N.-from-Hell's tip.

That's what you can do--get rid of bindweed

Old 25-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Mike Lyle

wrote:

It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard work
worth it :-)

Anybody else noticed colours do seem more intense this year?

Not sure about that in general, but in Glos and Kent it seems to me
that common mallow flowers seem _pinker_ than I'd have expected (I've
just moved from West Wales). Is that possible? Or is it just another
of the short circuits my brain seems to be undergoing these days? (If
the latter, it's a very nice one.)

Mike.
Old 25-07-2004, 05:03 PM
Kate Morgan

It is rather wet out there, I was going to fight bindweed but I have
changed my mind and am now going to tidy the greenhouse.
The sky is dull and the rain is falling but the garden looks brilliant,
the colours are so vibrant, it is beautiful, makes all the hard work
worth it :-)

Anybody else noticed colours do seem more intense this year?

Not sure about that in general, but in Glos and Kent it seems to me
that common mallow flowers seem _pinker_ than I'd have expected (I've
just moved from West Wales). Is that possible? Or is it just another
of the short circuits my brain seems to be undergoing these days? (If
the latter, it's a very nice one.)

Mike.

I really do think things are brighter, dont know why:-) have been able
to take lots of brilliant photographs which is a bonus.
kate
sth.glos.
Old 26-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Rod

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:49:05 +0100, "Douglas"
wrote:

...."It's the Good Life!"........!.
Doug.
*********

Sitting in the sun with a good friend picking blackcurrants all
afternoon. It doesn't get much better than that.

Old 27-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Douglas

[...]

Kate, M'dear!. My first large hut used to be a darkroom and my
speciality was framed 20 by 16inch sized prints for
the smaller newly-built manufacturers and albums for the teaching of
the working of the equipment.
I write to urge you to buy a unipod and use it often. You'll be
pleasantly surprised at the clearer definition.
Also a big help is a good hood in front of the camera lens, it cuts out
the
extraneous unwanted light which destroys clarity.
There is no charge for this brilliant instruction. but if you must
insist, please send the usual 10% donations to
c/o, The Matron,
Yarlside Happy Farm......

Sorry! - I can here Matron's footsteps coming down the corridor with my
red tablets.!.
Must go!.
Doug.
*********