Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-07-2004, 02:08 PM
John Edgar

Default Alistern Stella Gray climbing rose

For 6 years I have been trying to grow this rose. It is described in
the David Austin catalogue (from whom it was bought) as "truly repeat
flowering." Now in my mind that means it should flower repeatedly and
really do it. Simple.

Not so. After 3 years I phoned DA roses as my plant was only flowering
once per season. They sent me another saying that sometimes the plants
are wrongly labelled. I think what they actually indulge in at DA
roses is "truly wrongly label," as the second plant they sent me 3
years ago only flowers once per season. It also does not "truly repeat
flower."

What exactly does "truly repeat flowering" mean and why doesn't my
Alister Stella Gray rose do what DA roses say it should?

Anyone else got one of these things and what does it do?
John
In limine sapientiae