Old 26-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Ben Blackmore

Default 2nd water feature question of the day

Hi

I was thinking of having a large pot, with a pump in the bottom, and filled
with pebbles, so the water gurgles over them. What sort of pump should I
use? Is a basic pond pump ok? I think B&Q have one for £15-£20. As there are
no fish (or other wildlife) should I add chlorine to the water to stop algae
building up?
--
Cheers

Ben

Old 26-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Oxymel of Squill

teeny weeny little pump will do, I bought a bamboo feature in Bangkok and
they gave me a tiny little thing for 50p which goes fine.
You can buy special preparation for water features without fish in garden or
aquatic shops. It's made by Hozelok and it's called (you'll never guess)
Water Feature Preparation.

.. .

Old 26-07-2004, 03:03 PM
Ben Blackmore

50p? That must be teeny weeny! Is it ok for outside use running off mains
power?

Thanks for the advice on the water preparation, I'll keep an eye out for
some.

Cheers

Ben

Old 26-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Tumbleweed

Something for an aquarium that comes with a transformer might be a better
bet.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com