Old 28-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Pam Moore

Default cauliflower variety query

A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.
All I can find on Google is Violet Queen, but the one she's after is a
white one.
Anyone know what it might be?
TIA

Pam in Bristol
Old 28-07-2004, 03:06 PM
bigboard

Pam Moore wrote:

A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.
All I can find on Google is Violet Queen, but the one she's after is a
white one.
Anyone know what it might be?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

According to this website:

http://www.ag.ndsu.nodak.edu/oakes/1...ort/cfpt98.htm

there's one called "White Queen". I've got a feeling it might be a white
variety!

--
Fortune's Fictitious Country Song Title of the Week:
"How Can I Miss You if You Won't Go Away?"

Old 28-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Nick Gray

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.
All I can find on Google is Violet Queen, but the one she's after is a
white one.
Anyone know what it might be?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

English Winter / April Queen?

White cauliflower that matures in April.

HTH

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 28-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Nick Gray

"Nick Gray" wrote in message

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.
All I can find on Google is Violet Queen, but the one she's after is a
white one.
Anyone know what it might be?
TIA

Pam in Bristol

English Winter / April Queen?

White cauliflower that matures in April.

HTH

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Having suggested that I can't seem to find it on T&M, Chiltern Seeds,
Suttons (AKA Dobies) nor EW King. Although I'm looking at a seed packet
(v.old) for them now - produced by a company called Goldpak, I can't seem to
find this company on the web either.

It might be that they are no longer available due to the length of time
taken to grow them. Sow in April, transplant in June / July, maturing in
April the following year.

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 28-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Gray" wrote after
"Pam Moore" wrote...
A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.
All I can find on Google is Violet Queen, but the one she's after is a
white one.
Anyone know what it might be?

English Winter / April Queen?

White cauliflower that matures in April.

Having suggested that I can't seem to find it on T&M, Chiltern Seeds,
Suttons (AKA Dobies) nor EW King. Although I'm looking at a seed packet
(v.old) for them now - produced by a company called Goldpak, I can't seem

find this company on the web either.

It might be that they are no longer available due to the length of time
taken to grow them. Sow in April, transplant in June / July, maturing in
April the following year.

That's quite normal for spring cropping Caulies, the ones we grow are the
same, transplanted them out a week ago.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 28-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Gray" wrote after
"Pam Moore" wrote...

Old 28-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Pam Moore
writes
A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.
All I can find on Google is Violet Queen, but the one she's after is a
white one.
Anyone know what it might be?

Marshall's offer a 'Snow Crown' for summer use. Is that regal enough?
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Old 04-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:25:41 GMT, Pam Moore
wrote:

A friend is trying to trace an old variety of cauliflower called
(something) Queen.

Thanks all for suggestions. I've passed them on to the friend who was
asking about it.

Pam in Bristol