Old 06-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Magwitch

Default Plant Question

MikeH muttered:

Hi All

Could anyone tell me please, of any plants which will grow in hot,dry
conditions, preferably an architectural plant?

Thanks
Sue

Acanthus (Greek columns owe their design to them), I've got one and it's
looking very 'stately-home' at the moment

Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 PM
JennyC

"MikeH" wrote in message
Hi All

Could anyone tell me please, of any plants which will grow in hot,dry
conditions, preferably an architectural plant?

Thanks
Sue

Depends how big a plant you are looking for..........Maybe you could be a bit
more specific in what you are looking for?

My personal favourites would be yucca - euphorbia characias - cordyline. All
hardy and with winter interest:~)

More inspiration at :
http://www.architecturalplants.com/index.html
http://www.oakridger.com/stories/082...826990029.html

Jenny

Old 07-08-2004, 04:51 PM
MikeH

The plant would have to be 2-3ft tall & frost hardy. Although the spot
is under a Cherry tree, it does get baked by the afternoon sunshine.
As it is under a tree, the soil gets impoverished quickly.

Sue