Old 15-08-2004, 09:56 AM
kenty ;-\)

Default cropping Damson?

Can anyone give any advise on when & how to crop damson.This is my first
year in my house so I haven't cropped before.The fruits at the moment are
starting to turn purple.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 15-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Alan Gould

In article , kenty ;-)
writes
Can anyone give any advise on when & how to crop damson.This is my first
year in my house so I haven't cropped before.The fruits at the moment are
starting to turn purple.

Pick them asap or they will soon be attacked by wasps. If they are not
quite fully ripe, they will become so after a few days indoors.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 15-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Kay

In article , kenty ;-)
writes
Can anyone give any advise on when & how to crop damson.This is my first
year in my house so I haven't cropped before.The fruits at the moment are
starting to turn purple.

Later, once they are completely purple.

When I lived in kent we used to pick damsons from the hedgerows to make
jam - we didn't move into that house till September.
--
Kay

Old 15-08-2004, 10:41 PM
kenty ;-\)