Old 30-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Martin

Default Where to prune??

There it sounds as though you need to focus on three things here; The type
of rose; pruning; and disbudding.

The type of rose variety you need for a single bloom per stem is the 'Hybrid
Tea Rose', it does sound as though you may have some floribunda types with
all those clusters you refer to.

The pruning can take many forms to achieve what you are after but to keep
your bushes healthy and constantly young looking you will need to follow a
fairly strict annual routinr of pruning.

To ensure of your single bloom per stem even with the 'Hybrid Tea Rose' it
will be necessary to disbud your stems so as to leave the one main bud.

All of these matters are discussed and pictorial details are provided on the
Bexrose Web Site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

Hope this helps.

Regards

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

"Engy Fahmy" wrote in message
Hi Everybody,
I am just looking for some answers for pruning to encourage one bloom per
stem.I have read that you have to prune above a five-leaf let to get this
result.After doing that for the last two years , I have tons of roses yet
all in clusters, that their weight causes the branch to bend and

eventually
break.

Clusters are great I'm not complaining, yet al I want is single blooms!!

Any
ideas??