Old 31-08-2004, 07:27 AM
John

Default Reference "Plant Pot Storage"

I was surprised to read the opinion that *Large* Plastic Plant Pots
breed in captivity. My recent experience would appear to show just the
opposite to be the case.

Here in Plymouth, I have - over the past six months - given away half
a dozen large black plastic bags full of small plastic pots, but have
yet to hear of anyone giving away 10" (ten inch) PPP's, which I
use all the time.

--- but perhaps it's just a Plymothian trait?
Old 31-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Joanne

"John" wrote in message
I was surprised to read the opinion that *Large* Plastic Plant Pots
breed in captivity. My recent experience would appear to show just the
opposite to be the case.

Here in Plymouth, I have - over the past six months - given away half
a dozen large black plastic bags full of small plastic pots, but have
yet to hear of anyone giving away 10" (ten inch) PPP's, which I
use all the time.

I wish plastic plant pots bred up here i' t' NorthWest because I had to buy
some from eBay and I'm always desperate for the bigger pots.

Old 31-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Victoria Clare

John wrote in
:

I was surprised to read the opinion that *Large* Plastic Plant Pots
breed in captivity. My recent experience would appear to show just the
opposite to be the case.

I can confirm that here a little way up the Tamar is also small-pot
breeding territory. Perhaps one needs cooler temperatures for the large
ones to reproduce ?

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 31-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Pam Moore

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:27:52 GMT, John
wrote:

I was surprised to read the opinion that *Large* Plastic Plant Pots
breed in captivity. My recent experience would appear to show just the
opposite to be the case.

Here in Plymouth, I have - over the past six months - given away half
a dozen large black plastic bags full of small plastic pots, but have
yet to hear of anyone giving away 10" (ten inch) PPP's, which I
use all the time.

Same here. It is the big ones I'm always short of. We had a thread
about big pots a while ago. Any recommendations for a good source of
*cheap*, large, plastic pots; 12 - 14 inch?

Pam in Bristol
Old 31-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Sarah Dale

Victoria Clare wrote:

I can confirm that here a little way up the Tamar is also small-pot
breeding territory. Perhaps one needs cooler temperatures for the large
ones to reproduce ?

Perhaps that is the answer! I never seem to have enough small to medium
pots, and hardly ever seem to use my larger pots.

Although it has to be said that this year for the first time I'm using long
toms for the peppers and chilli, and I have plans for two very large pots
(donated by Janet T some years ago!) come the autumn (I'm planning to
imprison the comfrey in them!).

Anyone in N. Wales want to swap big pots for little pots?

Sarah

Old 01-09-2004, 01:19 PM
newsb

In article , Joanne
writes

I wish plastic plant pots bred up here i' t' NorthWest because I had to buy
some from eBay and I'm always desperate for the bigger pots.

I never realised that there were special pots for plastic plants...

--
regards andyw