Old 04-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Matthew Durkin

Default Source of bulbs...

Hi All,
anyone got any good online bulb (the plant type!) retailers? (or even
catalogue mail order) I've found a few but they're a bit hit and miss. I'm
looking for something with a good range and decent pictures as I'm after
some new ideas!!
I quite fancy growing some unusual bulbs...

Thanks,
Matthew

Old 04-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Sacha

On 4/9/04 10:07 am, in article ,
"Matthew Durkin" wrote:

Hi All,
anyone got any good online bulb (the plant type!) retailers? (or even
catalogue mail order) I've found a few but they're a bit hit and miss. I'm
looking for something with a good range and decent pictures as I'm after
some new ideas!!
I quite fancy growing some unusual bulbs...

Thanks,
Matthew

Try Googling for Bressinghams. They sell a lot of bulbs from van Tubergen
who we use commercially and find very good.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 04-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Matthew Durkin

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:13:43 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 4/9/04 10:07 am, in article ,
"Matthew Durkin" wrote:

Hi All,
anyone got any good online bulb (the plant type!) retailers? (or even
catalogue mail order) I've found a few but they're a bit hit and miss.
I'm
looking for something with a good range and decent pictures as I'm after
some new ideas!!
I quite fancy growing some unusual bulbs...

Thanks,
Matthew

Try Googling for Bressinghams. They sell a lot of bulbs from van Tubergen
who we use commercially and find very good.

Found them!
You can order from Van Tubergen direct, they run a mail order bulb
business. Perhaps you'll need to learn Dutch first :-)

Main site at http://www.etrade.nl/etrade/klant/1365/
which links to
http://shop.oranjebandzaden.nl/catalog/

Van Tubergen Bloembollen
Postbus 144
8250 AC DRONTEN
tel. 0321 - 38 51 41
fax. 0321 - 38 51 55

--
Martin

Hmm interesting! I was rather hoping for something in English!!! Any takers?

Old 04-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Sacha

On 4/9/04 10:46 am, in article ,
"Matthew Durkin" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:13:43 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 4/9/04 10:07 am, in article ,
"Matthew Durkin" wrote:

[...]

Yes, Matthew. Bressingham! They are the English outlet for van Tubergen's
bulbs. http://www.bloomsofbressingham.co.uk/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 04-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Pam Moore

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:07:54 GMT, "Matthew Durkin"
wrote:

anyone got any good online bulb (the plant type!) retailers? (or even
catalogue mail order) I've found a few but they're a bit hit and miss. I'm
looking for something with a good range and decent pictures as I'm after
some new ideas!!
I quite fancy growing some unusual bulbs...

I have used Broadleigh Gdns (www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk) and my
daughter has used Avon bulbs (www.avonbilbs.com)

Pam in Bristol
Old 04-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Matthew Durkin

"Sacha" wrote in message
k...
On 4/9/04 10:46 am, in article ,
"Matthew Durkin" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 10:13:43 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 4/9/04 10:07 am, in article ,
"Matthew Durkin" wrote:

[...]

Thanks - I'll have a look!
Matthew

Old 04-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Robert

:: I quite fancy growing some unusual bulbs...
:
: I have used Broadleigh Gdns (www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk) and my
: daughter has used Avon bulbs (www.avonbilbs.com)
:
:
: Pam in Bristol

Yes Broadleigh serve me well every year

Old 04-09-2004, 02:47 PM
David Hill

You could also try Winchester Growers, for a catalogue contact

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 04-09-2004, 02:53 PM
David Hill

Sorry gave the wholesale contact.
The retail address for catalogue is

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Source for genuine british bulbs - especially daffodil Davy United Kingdom 4 21-08-2007 03:45 PM
source for bulbs Vrstull Gardening 5 19-11-2003 08:12 PM
Source for Roses Shiva Roses 3 31-03-2003 09:32 PM
Can't remember seed source... Ralph D. Gardening 7 02-02-2003 06:52 PM
Can't remember seed source... Ralph D. Edible Gardening 7 02-02-2003 06:52 PM