Old 09-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Default Where are my potatoes?

I've been growing Salad Blue in a potato barrel. The
biggest plant is flowering happily, though the others are a
little behind. No sign of any potatoes though. When are
they supposed to start arriving?

Rhiannon

--

http://sciethics.blogspot.com/ -- the rights and wrongs of
science.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Tom Warner

"Rhiannon Macfie Miller" wrote in message
I've been growing Salad Blue in a potato barrel. The
biggest plant is flowering happily, though the others are a
little behind. No sign of any potatoes though. When are
they supposed to start arriving?

Rhiannon

They've probably already arrived, you might need to dig deeper in the barrel
to find them.
I usually wait until the tops die off before lifting them or you can just
leave them where they are until you need them, they should be happy if they
are not too wet or you have a slug problem.
Did you get them in late? We've been eating ours for weeks.
Tom

Old 09-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Tom Warner wrote:

They've probably already arrived, you might need to dig

deeper in the barrel
to find them.
I usually wait until the tops die off before lifting them or you can just
leave them where they are until you need them, they should be happy if they
are not too wet or you have a slug problem.
Did you get them in late? We've been eating ours for weeks.

They came as microplants in the last week of May, having
been promised for the first week. I gather that I can keep
some potatoes over from this crop and get them going a lot
earlier next year.

Rhiannon