Old 11-09-2004, 06:03 PM
Bez

Default Runner Bean........

Hi,

If anyone is interested in a recipe for runner bean pickle I would be
happy to post on newsgroup. I have made fourteen pounds of pickle so far and
it is really tasty. Just another way of using up your runner beans. Thanks

Old 11-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Kate Morgan

If anyone is interested in a recipe for runner bean pickle I would be
happy to post on newsgroup. I have made fourteen pounds of pickle so far and
it is really tasty. Just another way of using up your runner beans. Thanks

Yes please I would like to try it :-)

kate
Old 11-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Bez wrote:

If anyone is interested in a recipe for runner bean pickle I would be
happy to post on newsgroup. I have made fourteen pounds of pickle so far and
it is really tasty. Just another way of using up your runner beans. Thanks

Mine stopped cropping :-(

But I should be interested to see the recipe.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Stephen Howard

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:08:09 GMT, Kate Morgan
wrote:

If anyone is interested in a recipe for runner bean pickle I would be
happy to post on newsgroup. I have made fourteen pounds of pickle so far and
it is really tasty. Just another way of using up your runner beans. Thanks

Yes please I would like to try it :-)

Same here - fast running out of freezer space!

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 11-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:
wrote:

If anyone is interested in a recipe for runner bean pickle I
would be
happy to post on newsgroup. I have made fourteen pounds of pickle
so far and
it is really tasty. Just another way of using up your runner beans.
Thanks

Yes please I would like to try it :-)

Same here - fast running out of freezer space!

I salt my spare beans. I've still got beans from two years ago, and
they're perfectly OK. (You have to soak them in water, then change the
water and give them another soak.

That's how we did them when I was a kid, before freezers were commonly
available. Big stone crock, layer of salt, layer of beans, layer of
salt, etc.

I think our first freezer came in around 1954, and was a secondhand
ice-cream unit. Ran for years and years and years, did that.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/