Old 01-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Broadback

Default Trentham gardens garden center

I live near to this, not too happy with the development, especially the
planned monkey house.
However they opened the garden centre a few days ago, so we ('er & me)
popped in for a look. Rather reluctantly I was impressed. They have a
very wide range of the usual non gardening things these places always
have, but they also have a good range of things like pots, and the price
seems reasonable.
Unfortunately the plants side is rather limited until the next phase in
March, however the quality of what they have is excellent. Also I asked
one of the staff [I chose one with secatures on his belt :-))] for
advice, he was exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable.
I thought there might be interest here, though I don't know why I am
letting you know as the last thing we want is the extra traffic!
Old 03-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Doug.

"Broadback" wrote in message
[...]

********Ah!,... -- Trentham Gardens!.. Happy memories of my visits to
a nearby Telephone Comms Eng. College : - long, long ago fresh from the
Burma jungle killing fields.
The place was falling about all over the place, the main building where
dances were held was in poor shape and the small river running by was
dark yellow with industrial pollution.
Is Trentham near Burslem?. I vaguely remember going there to Mr
Smith's Nightclub to see my first "Stripper" show.
It was a riot!, I never had so much fun laffin in all my life!. It was
sheer hilarious entertainment!.
The finale Stripper outclassed all the other performers by presenting a
riotous performance quite different to the other Strippers.
This finalist pranced slowly on to stage, in time to the music, and she
was stark naked.
She then proceeded to get dressed slowly to the musical accompaniment
and when taking the final
bow was showered with more spondulicks than the whole of the previous
Cast.
Doug.
********