Old 03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
alan holmes

Default Green/orange peppers?

SWMBO instructed me to grow some peppers, labeled 'green' in the hope they
would turn yellow in time, well, time is passing and they show no intention
of turning yellow, so can I expect them to turn yellow or am I wasting my
time?

Alan

Old 04-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Alan Gould

In article , alan holmes
dont.bother.see.sig@bottom.? writes

SWMBO instructed me to grow some peppers, labeled 'green' in the hope they
would turn yellow in time, well, time is passing and they show no intention
of turning yellow, so can I expect them to turn yellow or am I wasting my
time?

Peppers labelled 'green' are meant to ripen and finish out in that
colour. Those which are meant to finish in other colours will begin as
green, but will change colour later as they ripen. Those variants can be
picked from the plant while they are still green and they will ripen on
indoors into their final colours, usually in a range from yellow to red.
That will encourage the formation of extra new fruits on the plant,
though it is getting a little late in the season now for that.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Kay

In article , alan holmes
dont.bother.see.sig@bottom.? writes

SWMBO instructed me to grow some peppers, labeled 'green' in the hope they
would turn yellow in time, well, time is passing and they show no intention
of turning yellow, so can I expect them to turn yellow or am I wasting my
time?

Green is not the fully ripe colour of peppers, but they are more likely
to turn red (via brown) which is the natural sequence.

To get yellow or orange ones, you will need a yellow or orange variety.
--
Kay