Old 05-10-2004, 03:46 PM
John

Default Walnut tree

I have just found some intact walnut shells under a tree, and the roots are
starting to grow out of the shell.

Can these be planted, and if so should the shell be cracked or opened first.
Many thanks

John

Old 05-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "John" contains these words:

I have just found some intact walnut shells under a tree, and the roots are
starting to grow out of the shell.

Can these be planted, and if so should the shell be cracked or opened first.
Many thanks

Yes, you can plant them. No need to do anything else.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 06-10-2004, 07:58 PM
alan holmes

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "John" contains these words:

I have just found some intact walnut shells under a tree, and the roots
are
starting to grow out of the shell.

Can these be planted, and if so should the shell be cracked or opened
first.
Many thanks

Yes, you can plant them. No need to do anything else.

And bear in mind that the tree could grow to more than 50 feet
high and 50 feet across.

It will take about ten years before you get any nuts, but you
will have to control any squirrels which may be around, or you
won't get any at all!

Alan

Alan