Old 11-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "yves" contains these words:

Just a silly question: Is it easy to find apple rootstock for sell in UK?
I mean for a "private individual"...I don't need a "500 pieces" bunch..
I have been looking for such provider in France without success even if I
can buy any imaginable grafted apple tree without any problem.

I have done a google research and so far my only finding was a german
producer selling english rootstock (east malling) in his
french/english/german web site: nothing in France, nothing in Great Britain
so far...

How many do you want? I've just found someone who has an apple tree
which died, but the rootstock has grown.

I don't know what the variety is, but the apples are large, codling
colour as far as I can see - most are now rotten - and they have flat
sides. The apple is a sort-of rounded cube.

I intend getting some cuttings - if this is any use, how many do you
need? (I won't be able to get very many.)

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 12-10-2004, 05:02 AM
J Jackson

Trevor Appleton wrote:

: I believe Rogers of Pickering, North Yorkshire do them

: http://www.rvroger.co.uk/

A couple of years back I bought an M26 maiden from pickerings but I don't
think it was in their catalogue I just asked.

Jim

Old 17-10-2004, 04:19 PM
John H Wood

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:33:09 +0200, "yves"
wrote:
Is it easy to find apple rootstock for sell in UK?

Yes. Scott's of Merriot, Somerset do them. They sell them singly but
they are not cheap. Why don't you ask on this newsgroup for someone
with few to spare?
Once you have your first you can then arrange to always have some
coming along.
How about eBay.

John

John