Old 13-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Pam Moore

Default Armillatox

WHEN Armillatox was used as an insecticide, was it OK to water such
things as pots of overwintering fuchsias, against vine weevil?
Would it have harmed roots?
What is the alternative?
Now I understand I must only use Armillatox as a patio cleaner,
against honey fungus and for sterilising etc.
Actually, the Armillatox.com web site is quite encouraging, as it says
I can use it against vine weevil.

I have just uprooted my pots of impatiens and 3 of the 4 pots had
hardly any roots and there were vw grubs in the compost. I have
Armillatoxed the soil, to sterilise it.
Comments please.

Is the new Armillatox a new formula?

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

Is the new Armillatox a new formula?

Not AFAIK. They just can't (or won't, and who can blame them?) pay out
vast sums to have the product tested and accredited with all its other
properties, which I believe it still has.

They are just not allowed to tell you.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 13-10-2004, 11:06 PM
David Hill

Pam asked "...........Is the new Armillatox a new formula?...."

No Pam it's just the same.
It will still do what it did in the past it's just that we cant tell you to
use it for anything other than as a disinfectant.
What use you put it to is just between you and the weevil you may kill.

P.S. Pam did you get my email regarding the French bean seeds?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 14-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:06:46 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

Pam asked "...........Is the new Armillatox a new formula?...."

No Pam it's just the same.
It will still do what it did in the past it's just that we cant tell you to
use it for anything other than as a disinfectant.
What use you put it to is just between you and the weevil you may kill.

P.S. Pam did you get my email regarding the French bean seeds?

Thanks for the info David.
So can I use it on fuchias before putting them to bed?

No, I didn't get and email about French bean seeds!
How's the Barbados herb? I still have it growing.

Pam in Bristol