Old 06-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Joan

Default Armillatox Will Still be Available

I've just received this e-mail from the Armillatox manufacturer:

"Thank you for your email - we have decided that we will re-label Armillatox
in the UK and sell it as a 'Armillatox Soap Based Path & Patio Cleaner'

I think that most garden centres will re-stock now that we have made this
decision - the garden centres have been notified. Although, the new stock
may not have not worked its' way through the system it should be on the
shelves within the next few weeks.

Although we will have a new label the material will be exactly the same."

I expect that's good news for some of you!

Regards,

Old 06-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Liz

Joan wrote in message
I've just received this e-mail from the Armillatox manufacturer:

"Thank you for your email - we have decided that we will re-label

Armillatox
in the UK and sell it as a 'Armillatox Soap Based Path & Patio Cleaner'

I think that most garden centres will re-stock now that we have made this
decision - the garden centres have been notified. Although, the new stock
may not have not worked its' way through the system it should be on the
shelves within the next few weeks.

Although we will have a new label the material will be exactly the same."

I expect that's good news for some of you!

Regards,

Hoorah! I use it as a drench where I have problems with honey fungus and it
seems to have done the business, although I suppose its effectiveness is
somewhat like elephant powder.

Liz

Old 07-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Paul Kelly

"Joan" wrote in message
I've just received this e-mail from the Armillatox manufacturer:

"Thank you for your email - we have decided that we will re-label

Armillatox
in the UK and sell it as a 'Armillatox Soap Based Path & Patio Cleaner'

I think that most garden centres will re-stock now that we have made this
decision - the garden centres have been notified. Although, the new stock
may not have not worked its' way through the system it should be on the
shelves within the next few weeks.

Although we will have a new label the material will be exactly the same."

I expect that's good news for some of you!

And do doubt people like the RHS will advise that "Armillatox is supposedly
effective against XYZ but that would be an off lalle use so don't do it" as
they do wrt many products.

pk

Old 07-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Paul Kelly

"Liz" wrote in message

Hoorah! I use it as a drench where I have problems with honey fungus and

it
seems to have done the business, although I suppose its effectiveness is
somewhat like elephant powder.

Ah, but as a law abiding citizen you won't even consider doing that surely?
It will be "off label"

(;-)

pk

Old 07-06-2003, 04:23 AM
David Hill

".....it will be "off label"...."
don't think that applies to disinfectant and soap products, or if it did
then we couldn't use washing up liquid when me mix cement, or as a wetting
agent with some sprays.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Paul Kelly

"David Hill" wrote in message
".....it will be "off label"...."
don't think that applies to disinfectant and soap products, or if it did
then we couldn't use washing up liquid when me mix cement, or as a wetting
agent with some sprays.

But you are not allowed to use as a herbicide/insecticide etc a product not
sold for that purpose.

Only officially approved pesticides may be used in the UK. Approvals are

normally granted only in relation to individual products and for specified
uses. It is an offence to use non-approved products or to use approved
products in a manner that does not comply with the statutory conditions of
use except where the crop or situation is the subject of an off-label
extension of use. (The UK Pesticide Guide 2003).

Strictly this refers to agricultural etc use but RHS are always careful to
mention but say you must not use off label products.

I had a scab problem on Loquat, RHS said sorry no product approved for use
on Loquat, but kindly enclosed an information sheet about products for apple
and other scabs. With apologies to Yes, Minister: "You may think of using it
sir, but we couldn't possibly advise you to"

pk

Old 07-06-2003, 11:20 PM
ned

Paul Kelly wrote:

But you are not allowed to use as a herbicide/insecticide etc a
product not sold for that purpose.

Ah! Is that why one is not supposed to use talcum powder against ants?
And no more spraying soapy water on greenfly?
Sad.

--
ned

Some Chicken-enriched garden soil still available! laurie \(Mother Mastiff\) North Carolina 0 26-03-2005 09:43 PM
Armillatox Pam Moore United Kingdom 3 14-10-2004 09:43 AM
Banned Herbicides && Pesticides : Armillatox Paul Kelly United Kingdom 1 24-07-2003 04:03 PM
Vine weevil - Armillatox David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 4 12-05-2003 11:44 PM