Old 19-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Leslie

Default Beans

Today we cooked and ate the the inner bean of our Sunset Runners.

We boiled for 10 minutes and then steamed for 20 minutes with some Garlic.

They were excellent normally they get thrown away with the haulms, never
again.

..............................Leslie

Old 19-10-2004, 07:02 PM
James

"Leslie" wrote in message
.. .
Today we cooked and ate the the inner bean of our Sunset Runners.

We boiled for 10 minutes and then steamed for 20 minutes with some Garlic.

They were excellent normally they get thrown away with the haulms, never
again.

..............................Leslie

Avoid being downwind of Leslie?
;-)

--

Ukjay

Old 19-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Mike Lyle

Leslie wrote:
Today we cooked and ate the the inner bean of our Sunset Runners.

We boiled for 10 minutes and then steamed for 20 minutes with some
Garlic.

They were excellent normally they get thrown away with the haulms,
never again.

Just as long as you _do_ boil them for ten minutes first: I haven't
looked into the dosage or the response time yet, but I believe they
can otherwise be a rather green way of committing suicide. Or murder.

Mike.

Old 22-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Registered User

Location: Luton UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle
Leslie wrote:
Today we cooked and ate the the inner bean of our Sunset Runners.

We boiled for 10 minutes and then steamed for 20 minutes with some
Garlic.

They were excellent normally they get thrown away with the haulms,
never again.

Just as long as you _do_ boil them for ten minutes first: I haven't
looked into the dosage or the response time yet, but I believe they
can otherwise be a rather green way of committing suicide. Or murder.

Mike.
Nah! Your thinking of dried red kidney beans.
Old 23-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Mike Lyle

petesm wrote:
Mike Lyle Wrote:
Leslie wrote:-
Today we cooked and ate the the inner bean of our Sunset Runners.

We boiled for 10 minutes and then steamed for 20 minutes with some
Garlic.

They were excellent normally they get thrown away with the haulms,
never again.-

Just as long as you _do_ boil them for ten minutes first: I

haven't
looked into the dosage or the response time yet, but I believe

they
can otherwise be a rather green way of committing suicide. Or

murder.

Mike.

Nah! Your thinking of dried red kidney beans.

OK, genuine question seeking information, not usenet smart-alecry.
Aren't they the same species, or close relatives? (Note that Leslie
was talking about ripe beans separated from the haulms, not fresh
green pods.)

Mike.