Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-10-2004, 11:04 PM
dg.dg

Default experimental arty idea for a beginner, any advice welcome

Hi all,

I'm completely new to anything gardening-related (I'm a bloke) so I'm sure
this will be blindingly obvious to nearly all of you! I'd appreciate any
advice at all.
Anyway, I'd like to cover a wall with ivy because its very ugly, and I like
greenery in general.
Would you generally use a trellis to avoid damaging the wall, and to ensure
the ivy grows the right way (ie. up!)
There is very limited light in this corner - but ivy isnt fussy is that
right?
How would I get it started? Would I need a grow bag? Or would a pot do? Do
you buy "Ivy seed"?
Oh gawd perhaps i should just call my mum...!

Thanks,
Dan.