Old 28-10-2002, 09:15 AM
BAC

Default Muntjack Deer

"DaveDay34" wrote in message
Personally I think it's a bit late for that. The damage has been done.

snip
you'd
have to get rid of mink, all domestic cats, and all rabbits. Somehow I

can't
see people supporting the sorts of measures that would be needed, or

even
understanding what you'd be trying to do, or why.

FWIW

I don't believe it would be possible to get rid of all mink or domestic
cats, and certainly not all rabbits, it's a lot easier said than done.

I think that's the point I was trying to make. It's not practical, and

even if
you could do it, would you really want to destroy the eco-system we have

to try
to turn the clock back? A dangerous dream for anyone to have.

No, I personally would not wish to recreate a uniform bronze age habitat
across the UK, even if it were possible. However, nor would I particularly
like to see what we have now further 'eroded'. It's not a simple choice,
IMO.

Muntjack Deer proof shade plants matt Neville Gardening 1 06-06-2007 12:45 PM
Deer fence kayk Gardening 17 31-03-2003 11:08 PM
Deer damage especially severe JohnF North Carolina 1 30-03-2003 02:08 AM
AD: Versatile product for tightening fences, deer stand guide wires, grape vine trellis', etc - Jak C&C Fencing Supply Lawns 0 06-02-2003 01:35 AM
geranium macrorrhizum or pulmonaria in my deer-ridden, clay-filled backyard? Maggie Gardening 0 04-02-2003 03:37 PM