Old 11-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Joe Bloggs

Default Great find

Totally dismayed yesterday to find a favourite garden centre had come
over all false Xmas trees and baubles, with all the gardening things
shoved out of the way. Yes, I know they have to make a living out of
season, but - Yuk !

BUT, desperate to browse gardeny things I took a look at a display of
French (?) different anyway packets of seeds and discovered a packet of
PINK nasturtiums !!
Now have I lived a sheltered life, and everyone else grows these things
all the time, or is this a first ?

Anyway, on a bleak, rainy November day it gave me a little frisson - one
more reason to look forward to next year's growing season, can't wait to
see them in my pots - I wonder if they'll set seed like the usual ones
??

Old 11-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Joe Bloggs writes
Totally dismayed yesterday to find a favourite garden centre had come
over all false Xmas trees and baubles, with all the gardening things
shoved out of the way. Yes, I know they have to make a living out of
season, but - Yuk !

Oh no!!!!!!
I love Christmas and to see all the lovely Christmassy things wherever
they are - they are so cheerful and full of bonhomie and make me think
of cribs and stables and oxes and asses and so on )
The only problem I have is that they introduce them too far before
Christmas (((((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 11-11-2002, 11:30 AM
JennyC

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
Totally dismayed yesterday to find a favourite garden centre had

come
over all false Xmas trees and baubles, with all the gardening things
shoved out of the way. Yes, I know they have to make a living out of
season, but - Yuk !

Yeah - dismal isn't it :~((

BUT, desperate to browse gardeny things I took a look at a display

of
French (?) different anyway packets of seeds and discovered a packet

of
PINK nasturtiums !!
Now have I lived a sheltered life, and everyone else grows these

things
all the time, or is this a first ?

Nope :~)) Thompson & Morgen has them too - "Cherry Rose Jewel"

Anyway, on a bleak, rainy November day it gave me a little frisson -

one
more reason to look forward to next year's growing season, can't

wait to
see them in my pots - I wonder if they'll set seed like the usual

ones
??

Mine didn't .............

Jenny

Old 11-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Janet Sanderson

"Joe Bloggs" wrote in message
Totally dismayed yesterday to find a favourite garden centre had come
over all false Xmas trees and baubles,

Ummmm yes Safeways was the same FRIGHTNING!

discovered a packet of
PINK nasturtiums !!

I may have dreamed this, but was there not a strange one
on Gardeners world or somewhere, with a kind of
trumpet flower? anyway very different.

I have a lovely one with varigated leaf, but been around for a bit.

Janet (de lurking for a moment)

Old 11-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Joe Bloggs writes
Totally dismayed yesterday to find a favourite garden centre had come
over all false Xmas trees and baubles, with all the gardening things
shoved out of the way. Yes, I know they have to make a living out of
season, but - Yuk !

BUT, desperate to browse gardeny things I took a look at a display of
French (?) different anyway packets of seeds and discovered a packet of
PINK nasturtiums !!

Salmony pink ones have been around for years. I don't like them myself.
Now, the deep blood red ones are a different matter entirely :-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/