Old 03-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Franz Heymann

"Douglas" wrote in message
news

Franz Heymann Wrote:

I'm glad i'm behind the times and haven't fallen for that sales
gimmick {:-))

*****
It was given to me, so I had no choice. I'm stuck with it.
TBH, it is not the type of thing I would probably choose myself

anyway
- it stinks of for a start and even if you merely think about

touching
it, the scent will get all over your hands and can only be removed

by
washing them.
Its rather quite impressive in a way.
*****

Perhaps the OP can find the original label and
rnlighten us.
Franz

All it says is 'Citrosa Bonsai Lemon Bonsai tree'

It seemingly was bought from Ikea, which may explain a few things,

and
was grown in the Netherlands.

It isn't really a tree though, just a green bush/plant like creature
with finger like leaves.

Sorry, can't be more specific, I'm just a beginner (and not very

good
at it too).

My main experience of trees, except for climbing them, are the
Evergreens (Cyprus?) and 'Aspens in the front garden.

I have heard people go on about hissing Aspens, but I'm so used to

them
that I have never really noticed, and had to be told that.......

Hello Douglas,
Thanks. I think I have a general idea now.
I don'tthink I'll invest in one.
{:-))

Franz

Old 04-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Registered User

[quote=Franz Heymann]
Hello Douglas,
Thanks. I think I have a general idea now.
I don'tthink I'll invest in one.
{:-))
******
I don't blame you.

It died anyway, it was obviously too far gone and I was too late......
(I have a genuine problem with organising myself, executive skills, starting and stopping things despite all my will, and various other things as well, caused by illness as a baby. People just do not realise just how bloody annoying and frustrating it can be, and I can only blame myself.
I actually have to force myself to do really simple things sometimes, such as tidy away an item which has been sitting there right in front of me for the last few days, has started to annoy me because it is still there and making is the place untidy. All I have to do is reach out and pick it up, but I never get round to it, even though it is annoying the heck out of me.
I will do it eventually, even if it is several years later, because something suddenly clicks into place for a short while, and it is the turn of that particular undertaking.
It can be hard to explain to people at times that no, I'm not being lazy.
Even if you are lazy, and something is irritating you, then you would do something about it, or get someone else doing it for you!
Jobs and my life in general seem to have an allocated time and place with me, except that I don't know what the timetable is.

Just don't expect my house to be tidy and organised other people as well as myself do the garden, so it is ok.
Also there is Forgetfulness, slowness, and forgetfulness.
My logic can be decidedly fuzzy at times.

Remember, that motivation and the actual undertaking of things are controlled by 2 different parts of the brain, so, like in the case of myself, it just doesn't quite connect!)

Enough potentially pretentious drivel about me.

Anyway, back OT:
I have now learned a lot from here and other places about how to handle one of these plants and other similar things in the future (famous last words).

Today I was bought some small beginner bonsai trees ('proper' bonsai), so armed with the books and the groups here, etc, I'll see how they get on.

End of mindless waffle.
Well use it to fertilise the Christmas trees then.
I have a feeling the market is going to peak sometime next January.