Old 04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
svsmbbcs

Default agryanthemums re cuttins

over wintered some plants and want to take cuttings.
does one cut the plant back as you would chrysanthemums, and take basil
cuttings, or do you leave some top growth and then take them from fresh
growth. TIA.

Old 07-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Trevor Appleton

"svsmbbcs" wrote in message
over wintered some plants and want to take cuttings.
does one cut the plant back as you would chrysanthemums, and take basil
cuttings, or do you leave some top growth and then take them from fresh
growth. TIA.

I've been growing these from cuttings for the past 5 years. I take cuttings
in Aug/Sep. They root very easily. I have rooted them without a propagator
and overwintered them without heat in a cold greenhouse with fleece over
them.

I now use a propagator and a greenhouse heated to PS2 C just to be on the
safe side.

I would take cuttings about 3 or 4 inches long and root them in a propagator
and keep them frost free.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:24 PM
svsmbbcs

Trevor Appleton wrote:
"svsmbbcs" wrote in message
over wintered some plants and want to take cuttings.
does one cut the plant back as you would chrysanthemums, and take
basil cuttings, or do you leave some top growth and then take them
from fresh growth. TIA.

I've been growing these from cuttings for the past 5 years. I take
cuttings in Aug/Sep. They root very easily. I have rooted them
without a propagator and overwintered them without heat in a cold
greenhouse with fleece over them.

I now use a propagator and a greenhouse heated to PS2 C just to be on
the safe side.

I would take cuttings about 3 or 4 inches long and root them in a
propagator and keep them frost free.

thanks very much now I will have a go this year,have 2 propogators,and a
cold greenhouse -no heating,but we are in Aberdeen where it can be really
cold but anyway thanks I will have a go.