Old 10-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Janet Tweedy

Default VIKING HE700 / HE715 hedge cutters

Sorry if this is long!
I sent a complaint into Viking (Stihl) about the new model of hedge
cutters that I bought (HE715) to replace my old wonderful HE700 set.
I wasn't impressed they sounded flimsy and didn't feel so strong etc and
they didn't seem to give the 'reach' that the older model had.
Surprisingly I got a reply and as they are asking for input about their
models I thought other users of the cutters might like to send in their
opinions!
Here's the reply.

From:GB/MKT-mc Sally-Ann McCusker

Dear Janet,

Thank you for your feedback on your VIKING hedge trimmers.

I am obviously disappointed to hear of your initial feelings regarding
your new VIKING hedge trimmer, but welcome the feedback you have
provided. I appreciate you are in the early stages of ownership of your
new hedge trimmer, but if it is possible I would welcome any further,
more specific feedback on the product you have purchased. Are you able
to provide any particular comments relating to handling, the cutting
result, ergonomics etc of the new machine?

The Product Manager for VIKING Hedge trimmers globally has also been
copied on your email and is also keen to know of any specific comments
you have, once you have used the machine.

From the direct experience we have gained here at STIHL GB with this
product, we are not aware of any obvious weaknesses and on the contrary
believe it to be a very solid, effective product following the usage
myself and my colleagues have had.

I am also unsure about your reference to the machine being "shorter in
use". Are you referring to the length of the blade as this should be the
same (70cm)?

If you are able to provide any additional feedback following extended
use of your new machine, I would appreciate receiving it as we take
these comments seriously and do process them through to the appropriate
personnel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to feed back and if you would
like to respond further, please feel free to email me or call me on the
number at the foot of this email.

Best Regards,

Sally-Ann McCusker
Product Marketing Manager, (GB),