Old 24-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Paul England

Default Orietals ?

No, this isn't a crossposting from one of the steamier n.g.'s - there are in
fact 2 oriental queries and help with iether would be appreciated.
Q1. Sowed seeds for oriental poppies (mixed perennial) and transferrred
plants out in June. The mild weather on the south coast has forced a dozen
or so to come into bud. Should I dead-head before they open ?
Q2. Choy Sum stir-fry veg. We would like to grow these for next year, but
not available for sale in Marshalls' or Chilern seeds catalogues. Has anyone
had any experience growing these, or know where I can get seeds?
Thanks in anticipation. Regards...............Paul.

Old 25-11-2002, 04:55 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Paul
England writes
Q2. Choy Sum stir-fry veg. We would like to grow these for next year, but
not available for sale in Marshalls' or Chilern seeds catalogues. Has anyone
had any experience growing these, or know where I can get seeds?

Seed for purple Choy Sum and a wide range of other Oriental vegetables
are available from the 2003 Chase/Organic Gardening Catalogue at:
www.OrganicCatalog.com
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 28-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Paul England

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Paul
England writes
Q2. Choy Sum stir-fry veg. We would like to grow these for next year, but

snip
, or know where I can get seeds?

Seed for purple Choy Sum and a wide range of other Oriental vegetables
are available from the 2003 Chase/Organic Gardening Catalogue at:
www.OrganicCatalog.com
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.

Alan & Joan, many thanks for the catalogue info ref Q, I will contact them.
As to Q1, I think I will play safe and leave the oriental poppies alone. I
just felt, that if I stopped the flower buds from opening, it may improve
their vigour.
Best regards ...........Paul