Old 12-01-2005, 10:12 AM
bigboard

David Rance wrote:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, bigboard wrote:

Sorry. Bad explanation. We intend to run the excess water when the butts
are full, into the well. (Not as a drain as it appears) Then use it when
we want. Hope that makes sense now ;-))

There is absolutely no point in diverting excess rain water to the well
for later use. The level in the well is determined by the local water
table. A well is not a water storage tank, but rather a hole dug down to
the water table. The negligible amount you could add from your roof would
make no discernable difference to the water level.

I wrote the same thing yesterday! If two of us agree then it must be
true! ;-)

Sorry, didn't mean to steal your thunder! You were, of course, right long
before I was right.

--
Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up
to.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
David Rance

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, bigboard wrote:

There is absolutely no point in diverting excess rain water to the well
for later use. The level in the well is determined by the local water
table. A well is not a water storage tank, but rather a hole dug down to
the water table. The negligible amount you could add from your roof would
make no discernable difference to the water level.

I wrote the same thing yesterday! If two of us agree then it must be
true! ;-)

Sorry, didn't mean to steal your thunder! You were, of course, right long
before I was right.

No, we've both always been right. You in your small corner and I in
mine. ;-)

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Well well! mark United Kingdom 6 11-03-2009 11:51 PM
Well well! Gordon H[_3_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 10:23 PM
Well well! Judith in France United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 05:40 PM
Well well! Rusty_Hinge[_2_] United Kingdom 0 11-03-2009 04:39 PM
Well well! Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 1 11-03-2009 03:58 PM