Old 22-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Anthony

Default OT for night-gardeners: aurora borealis

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

Tonight there's a wonderful green aurora borealis visible from
here..can anyone else see it?

Janet (Isle of Arran)

Can't see a thing, low cloud and drizzle.
North Wales.

Anthony

Old 22-01-2005, 08:50 AM
jane

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:50:58 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

~
~ Tonight there's a wonderful green aurora borealis visible from
~here..can anyone else see it?

Should have been able to see it from here, but it was too cloudy. I've
always wanted to see one but not this time, sadly.

http://www.spaceweather.com/ is a good site for watching for probable
displays, plus anything else that is happening in the sky.
http://www.spacew.com/www/aurvis.gif
is the current auroral spread.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Old 22-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Kay

In article , jane
monmapson.co.uk writes
wrote:

~
~ Tonight there's a wonderful green aurora borealis visible from
~here..can anyone else see it?

Should have been able to see it from here, but it was too cloudy. I've
always wanted to see one but not this time, sadly.

http://www.spaceweather.com/ is a good site for watching for probable
displays, plus anything else that is happening in the sky.
http://www.spacew.com/www/aurvis.gif
is the current auroral spread.

http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/

will email you if high activity and possibility of aurora. They emailed
me last night but I didn't see it till this morning. An it was a lovely
clear night last night :-(

--
Kay

Old 23-01-2005, 05:57 PM
jane

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:53:37 +0000, Kay
wrote:

~In article , jane
~monmapson.co.uk writes
~On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:50:58 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
~
~~
~~ Tonight there's a wonderful green aurora borealis visible from
~~here..can anyone else see it?
~
~Should have been able to see it from here, but it was too cloudy. I've
~always wanted to see one but not this time, sadly.
~
~http://www.spaceweather.com/ is a good site for watching for probable
~displays, plus anything else that is happening in the sky.
~http://www.spacew.com/www/aurvis.gif
~is the current auroral spread.
~
~http://www.dcs.lancs.ac.uk/iono/aurorawatch/
~
~will email you if high activity and possibility of aurora.

oooooooooooooohhhh! Thankyou!

~They emailed
~me last night but I didn't see it till this morning. An it was a lovely
~clear night last night :-(

Nice tonight but too late here. I always live in hope (being so far
south)

Not that I'll be too insomniac tonight after digging the last raised
bed at the lottie...

--
jane

Mark Twain

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii 'Aurora' Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 4 23-11-2007 09:20 AM
Masdevallia falcata Aurora P Max Orchid Photos 1 16-12-2006 03:27 AM
Horseradish in Denver/Aurora area? MattMika Edible Gardening 0 23-03-2006 09:53 PM
Free koi in Aurora, CO MattMika Ponds 0 17-08-2005 04:43 PM
Viburnum carlesii 'Aurora' Stephen G United Kingdom 1 20-04-2003 09:20 PM