GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   nasty prickly anti cat anti burglar hedges (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/89147-nasty-prickly-anti-cat-anti-burglar-hedges.html)

Klara 02-02-2005 02:16 PM

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
If it did work, one would expect that where the dumped panthers/
cougars have established themselves (Bodmin moor, parts of the
Highlands), it would be very hard to persuade a domestic pet cat to
leave the house, let alone crap in the garden.. AFAIK, this is not the
case.

Janet

A friend just back from digging in the Negev (archaeology, not
gardening) saw what is supposed to be the last leopard in the area: all
the others have succumbed to some disease carried by domestic cats, on
which the leopards had been dining ...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Mike Lyle 02-02-2005 04:22 PM

Klara wrote:
In message , Janet

Baraclough
writes
If it did work, one would expect that where the dumped panthers/
cougars have established themselves (Bodmin moor, parts of the
Highlands), it would be very hard to persuade a domestic pet cat

leave the house, let alone crap in the garden.. AFAIK, this is not
the case.

Janet

A friend just back from digging in the Negev (archaeology, not
gardening) saw what is supposed to be the last leopard in the area:
all the others have succumbed to some disease carried by domestic
cats, on which the leopards had been dining ...

Hey, a new line for the _Daily Mail_: mad cat disease!

Mike.

Sacha 02-02-2005 07:06 PM

On 2/2/05 5:45 pm, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
[...]
Of course it's crap. Otherwise, you too would have inherited a
subconscious ancestral terror of being hunted by the sabre-toothed
tiger . The mere sight of a nylon-tiger-fur cushion/blouse, (or a
large tabby cat), would impel you to hide the children up the
nearest tree and snatch a burning brand from the fake-log gas fire.

You should have seen me jump last time I saw a snake in the garden.
That was pure ancestral horror.

They don't have that effect on me..the first time I ever encountered
a live one, I dangled it round my neck. Perhaps we are descended from
different species?

Janet

PLEASE tell us your nickname is not Riki....
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sacha 03-02-2005 11:17 AM

On 2/2/05 22:17, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

PLEASE tell us your nickname is not Riki....

My nickname is not Riki. Okay?

Tiki Baraclough.

;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Mike Lyle 03-02-2005 11:31 AM

Sacha wrote:
On 2/2/05 22:17, in article

,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these

words:

PLEASE tell us your nickname is not Riki....

My nickname is not Riki. Okay?

Tiki Baraclough.

Okay!

Tavi Lyle.

Nick Maclaren 03-02-2005 11:46 AM

In article ,
"Mike Lyle" writes:
| Sacha wrote:
| On 2/2/05 22:17, in article
| ,
| "Janet Baraclough" wrote:
|
| PLEASE tell us your nickname is not Riki....
|
| My nickname is not Riki. Okay?
|
| Tiki Baraclough.
|
| Okay!
|
| Tavi Lyle.