Old 05-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Dan Welch

Default sowing a lawn

Hi,
following on to my comments about the damp patch in the garden, I would like
some advice on the rest of the garden. Most of it's going to be laid to
lawn. I'd love to know....
1. When to sow grass seed
2. What seed to sow (brands etc)
3. What pre-sowing or after care to carry out
I'm looking for a robust lawn that will put up with my toddler daughter as
soon as possible really. Most of the soil is reasonably drained, quite rich
ex-school playing fields.We're in Newark, about 120 miles north of London,
about 60 miles from the nearest sea. I was planning on raking the lawn parts
of the garden and seeding with generic lawn seed in about a month from now,
but hints and tips are really appreciated.
cheers
dan

How DOES one obtain a billiard table surface prior to sowing a lawn? MM United Kingdom 17 25-03-2005 03:42 PM
Sowing phalaenopsis ; sowing medium question Aaron Hicks Orchids 4 03-11-2004 01:54 AM
lawn sowing Richard United Kingdom 3 20-05-2003 12:32 PM
Lawn sowing Richard United Kingdom 8 09-05-2003 08:56 AM
Sowing Lawn - Staffordshire Area paul.bennett United Kingdom 1 31-03-2003 06:44 PM