Old 06-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Pam Moore

Default Trachelospermum

I have a Trachelospermum jasminoides which has done well in a large
pot in a SW facing corner. I am considering planting it by a SE facing
wall and training it on trellis.
However in the latest (March) issue of GW mag they recommend T.
asiaticum. Has anyone grown both and can compare their hardiness and
fragrance?
I was thinking I might buy a new one for the new position.
Help appreciated. TIA

Pam in Bristol
Old 07-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
news
I have a Trachelospermum jasminoides which has done well in a large
pot in a SW facing corner. I am considering planting it by a SE facing
wall and training it on trellis.
However in the latest (March) issue of GW mag they recommend T.
asiaticum. Has anyone grown both and can compare their hardiness and
fragrance?
I was thinking I might buy a new one for the new position.
Help appreciated. TIA

Pam in Bristol

I grow both, T asiaticum is hardier, the fragrance is about the same except
that I get more flowers on T. asiaticum. but both would do well on the wall
you suggest in you neck of the woods (no need to rush out and buy another!)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk