Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered User

The organismen, which are used for this kind of job are specialy selected and in powder form.
After they get into water they will come back to life and very hungry, at current this is the highest concentration you can get on the market frøm the enzyme and or Bacteria producers.
Microorganismen widly used in washing liquids oil cleaning and so on.

The success and time is a number game, more organismen less time.

I think you can find some more info now on this side www.travena.com

Josef

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Franz Heymann wrote:
Why is there an upper limit to the amount of dung your

micro-organisms
will tackle?

It's the old logistic equation. As they work, they too will
excrete/change the local chemical balance until they are
starved/poisioned out of activity.

Of course, if you take 'seed' amounts during the early part of the
process you can infect new piles of manure and get better value for
money. Like taking cuttings. Keep feeding and mixing, that's the trick.

There may be other effects, like a carefully engineered life cycle,
designed to keep the cash flowing to the vendor!

And since they will probably multiply like rabbits while doing their
job, why does one need 10 gms as a starter?

I don't know, but my best guess is that they are supplied packed out to
10g with some sort of filler (like water?) to keep them alive and to
make it easier to handle and subdivide if required. I'd be amazed if
it was 10g of pure bugs.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Franz Heymann

"travena" wrote in message

the will multiply, but go to easier food source,

But if all the food source is kept tidily in the compost heap, what is
this eassier food you mention?

dung or manure is not
that easy to break.

They rot a damn sight quicker than leaves or sawdust, for example.

in 1 gram of soil you have appr. 4000 different organismen,
we just put
the most efficient species in one gram overpopulating this 1.000.000
times,

What is the procedure by which these more effient organisms are
separated out from the rest?

I would have thought that if you just mixed a kilogram or so of
ordinary soil into the compost heap, the required organisms would
multiply in no time flat on their own.

MANURE DEGRADER is a powdered blend of selectively adapted organisms
blended with crude enzymes and emulsifiers specifically designed to
liquefy, digest and deodourise agricultural wastes.

What does this powdering process consist of? How do the organisms in
fact survive a powdering process?

Features

∑ Digests cellulosic fibers, proteins, fats and residual
carbohydrates in animal wastes.
∑ Improves consistency of waste for pumping.
∑ Retards odour generation in animal waste.
∑ Maximizes fertilizer value of animal waste material.

--
Franz
"A first-rate laboratory is one in which mediocre scientists can

Old 07-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote in message
ups.com...
Franz Heymann wrote:
Why is there an upper limit to the amount of dung your

micro-organisms
will tackle?

It's the old logistic equation. As they work, they too will
excrete/change the local chemical balance until they are
starved/poisioned out of activity.

Not if you maintain the balance by continuing to feed the heap with
new rottable material.

Of course, if you take 'seed' amounts during the early part of the
process you can infect new piles of manure and get better value for
money. Like taking cuttings. Keep feeding and mixing, that's the

trick.

There may be other effects, like a carefully engineered life cycle,
designed to keep the cash flowing to the vendor!

Now you're talking.

And since they will probably multiply like rabbits while doing

their
job, why does one need 10 gms as a starter?

I don't know, but my best guess is that they are supplied packed out

10g with some sort of filler (like water?) to keep them alive and to
make it easier to handle and subdivide if required. I'd be amazed

if
it was 10g of pure bugs.

Wow. The mind boggles at the thought. {:-))

Old 07-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote in message
ups.com...
Franz Heymann wrote:
Why is there an upper limit to the amount of dung your

micro-organisms
will tackle?

It's the old logistic equation. As they work, they too will
excrete/change the local chemical balance until they are
starved/poisioned out of activity.

But not if ypou maintain the balance by continuously supplying ne
rottable material.

Of course, if you take 'seed' amounts during the early part of the
process you can infect new piles of manure and get better value for
money. Like taking cuttings. Keep feeding and mixing, that's the

trick.

I bet the vendor will say that does not work.

There may be other effects, like a carefully engineered life cycle,
designed to keep the cash flowing to the vendor!

That's more to the point.

And since they will probably multiply like rabbits while doing

their
job, why does one need 10 gms as a starter?

I don't know, but my best guess is that they are supplied packed out

10g with some sort of filler (like water?) to keep them alive and to
make it easier to handle and subdivide if required. I'd be amazed

if
it was 10g of pure bugs.

Wow! Some thought! {:-))