Old 21-12-2002, 11:18 AM
sacha

Default Happy Christmas!

As it's the w/e and those going away for Christmas will be packing their
stockings, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas from all of us
here at Hill House. Hope it's a blissfully serene one and that you all have
a prosperous new year.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-12-2002, 02:51 PM
JennyC

"sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
As it's the w/e and those going away for Christmas will be packing

their
stockings, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas from all

of us
here at Hill House. Hope it's a blissfully serene one and that you

all have
a prosperous new year.
Sacha

A Green and Growsome 2003 to all URGlers :~))
Jenny

Old 21-12-2002, 04:15 PM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from sacha contains these words:

As it's the w/e and those going away for Christmas will be packing their
stockings, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas from all of us
here at Hill House. Hope it's a blissfully serene one and that you all have
a prosperous new year.

... and a Happy Christmas and 2003 to all urglers from us.

Edward and Jennifer

Old 21-12-2002, 05:37 PM
Alan Gould

In article , JennyC
writes
A Green and Growsome 2003 to all URGlers :~))
Jenny

Seasonal greetings of peace and hope to all gardeners in 2003.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 21-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message

... and a Happy Christmas and 2003 to all urglers from us.

Edward and Jennifer

And from us in Basse Normandie where Christmas is very different. Just
a one-day holiday, no Boxing Day, 26th is a normal working day. That
is when we are having another telephone line installed just for
Internet use - arrival of engineers between 8.00 am and 10.00 am!!
All very low-key here and much less commercial. Lovely.

We wish everyone the best of health and happiness in 2003.

Barry and |Iris McCanna

Old 21-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , JennyC
writes
A Green and Growsome 2003 to all URGlers :~))

Seasonal greetings of peace and hope to all gardeners in 2003.

Yep, Happy Xmas and New year from the Frost Fairy (and Mum and Dad).

http://www.familyfrench.co.uk/elinor...02/181202m.htm
--
Chris, Helen and Elinor.
Old 22-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Michael Berridge

Barry & Iris McCanna wrote in message ...

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message

... and a Happy Christmas and 2003 to all urglers from us.

Edward and Jennifer

We wish everyone the best of health and happiness in 2003.

Barry and |Iris McCanna

Happy Christmas and a drier and sunnier 2003 with a sudden decrease over
the country in the number of snails and slugs.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 22-12-2002, 06:56 AM
Vera Gade

In article , "Michael Berridge"
wrote:

Barry & Iris McCanna wrote in message ...

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message

... and a Happy Christmas and 2003 to all urglers from us.

Edward and Jennifer

We wish everyone the best of health and happiness in 2003.

Barry and |Iris McCanna

Happy Christmas and a drier and sunnier 2003 with a sudden decrease over
the country in the number of snails and slugs.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Good Jul from Sweden! After all the grey days we have had a few wonderful
sunny days - mind you, you have to catch the sun before three a'clock,
when it disappeares! Out on the narrow lakes in the Kolmarden forests the
ice is smooth and clear without any snow-decking and the trees are white
with frost. Lots of people out scating instead of trample eachother at the
supermarkets. Hot kakao in the thermos! I cant scate anymore, but I used
my "all-mans-right" and sampled some brushwood of lingonberry and bilberry
and a tiny 30 cm high spruce for a Christmas-tree and all sorts of mosses
and cormes. Just a little of course - not ruining the places;-) All and
everybody verry merry - and now I wish *you* all Urglers a verry merry
Christmas! and lots of sun!
From Vera

--
VERA GADE NORRKOPING
VERA @GADE.SE
Old 22-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Judith Lea

In article , Barry & Iris
McCanna writes

We wish everyone the best of health and happiness in 2003.

Warmest regards to all at URG - we are off to our daughter's in London
for Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing day as she is on duty, and on call,
and always gets called at least once every hour, people are sick over
Christmas too, so we will make Christmas for her and her family. Off to
Cyprus on 27th with our beloved grandson for 1 week so I will be
looking for seeds to bring home.

May 2003 be a kind year to everyone throughout the World

--
Judith Lea
Old 23-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Steve

Yes Merry Christmas to all in URG!

I've just opened my first "Christmas Present" - the Chiltern Seed catalogue
arrived this morning.

As they say in the catalogue "grow something new from seed", this year I
grew Cuphea (got 15 good plants from the seeds and they were in flower for
many months with one still preserving in the greenhouse). They will
definitely be on the list for 2003.

I've got a lot of reading before deciding what will be the new seed I try
next year.

What will you be growing new next year?

Best Wishes
Steve

Old 23-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Natalie

Happy Christmas and a drier and sunnier 2003 with a sudden decrease over
the country in the number of snails and slugs.

I'll raise my glass to that too ;-)

Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year everyone!

Natalie

Old 23-12-2002, 01:17 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

"Steve" wrote in message
Yes Merry Christmas to all in URG!

I've just opened my first "Christmas Present" - the Chiltern Seed

catalogue
arrived this morning.

As they say in the catalogue "grow something new from seed", this

year I
grew Cuphea (got 15 good plants from the seeds and they were in

flower for
many months with one still preserving in the greenhouse). They will
definitely be on the list for 2003.

I've got a lot of reading before deciding what will be the new seed

I try
next year.

What will you be growing new next year?

Best Wishes
Steve

Yes mine arrived too. As to new seeds, apart all my choices to the
RHS, HPS and AGS, I'm going to try growing Romneya Coulterii from seed
for the first time. Although this is known to be difficult to
germinate, I found on Google that it likes germinating in smoke and
gives a tip to burn conifer leaves and then mix the ash with seed
compost. Apparently it will then germinate. We shall see!

Regards
Iris McCanna

Old 23-12-2002, 05:46 PM
sacha

in article , Barry & Iris McCanna at
wrote on 23/12/02 1:17 pm:

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

As you describe, Ray gathers pine needles and puts them in an old tin lid,
or something of that sort. Then he sets fire to it, then he plants the
seeds! He also plants the seeds in a foil lined compost tray, puts pine
needles on top, sets fire to them and waters the ashes in. Both methods
work and both are equally hit and miss! It's really not easy to germinate at
all.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-12-2002, 09:56 PM
William Tasso

sacha wrote:
As it's the w/e and those going away for Christmas will be packing
their stockings, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas from
all of us here at Hill House. Hope it's a blissfully serene one and
that you all have a prosperous new year.

Hi Sacha, and a Merry Chritmas greeting to you too.

Hope you don't mind if I jump on your thread, I just popped back in to wish
everyone compliments of the season. Been a little busy lately, fighting off
dragons, werewolves and orcs etc, but hope to spend more time in here in the
new year. All the best to one and all; and to anyone that has me in their
kill-file "na na nanaa na" blows raspberry.

Have a good one.

--
William Tasso - http://www.WilliamTasso.com