Old 07-03-2005, 06:16 PM
tom

Default Shredded PAMPAS GRASS leaves. Are they any use?

Hi,

I hav just trimmed my pamps grass plant cos my gardening book said
that it should be done in spring.

I am now cut to ribbons.

I shreded the clippings and have 3 large bin bags of cut up leaves.

I have a compost bin, should they go on there?

Should I just scatter them on the soil round the plants as a mulch?

Or do something else?

THANKS
Old 07-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Sarah Dale

tom wrote:
I hav just trimmed my pamps grass plant cos my gardening book said
that it should be done in spring.
I am now cut to ribbons.

I know how you feel....

I shreded the clippings and have 3 large bin bags of cut up leaves.
I have a compost bin, should they go on there?
Should I just scatter them on the soil round the plants as a mulch?

You could do either. If you put them on the compost heap, try and mix
them up with other stuff, and I would damp them down - pampas grass
tends to be dry.

You could use them as a mulch as I do with grass cuttings or autumn
leaves, again, I would damp them down to stop them blowing away.

HTH,

Sarah

(Who dug out a rather large pampas grass 2 1/2yrs ago)