Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Alex Woodward

Default plants to compliment a heather bed

I have an heather bed (semi-successful) and would like to know other plants
that will compliment it. The soil is probably alkaline and is clay based.
Having said that, I have recently added huge amounts of peat based compost
and horticultural grit etc to lower its level and help it to drain. Recently
added spring heathers are doing great, but the summer flowering ones seem to
be struggling. I'm hoping the soil improvements will help some.

Anyway, assuming all the heathers do fine, what complimentary plants are
there out there that will help to highlight the heathers and give some
contrast?

I live inland UK with typical English weather.

Alex