Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-2005, 05:53 PM
MM

Default How DOES one obtain a billiard table surface prior to sowing a lawn?

I'm preparing a patch (75 m2) of virgin soil for sowing a lawn. The
builder left the area roughly rolled, but I'm now raking and removing
stones and getting a fine tilth on top before sowing grass seed.

I want to get the most even lawn possible. I am raking and rolling,
and it's kind of level, but with pockets and gullies. When I fill
these, rake and roll over, I tend to get humps instead.

How do the pros do it? I would think the only certain way would be to
use formers and a tamping beam as if one were preparing a sand bed for
a driveway, then finally loosening the surface before actual sowing.

Any hints, web site referrals etc most welcome.

MM