Old 22-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Lazarus Cooke

Default prunus kiku-shidare-sakura in a pot?

I've just bought a prunus kiku-shidare-sakura because it was reduced at
woolworth's. I'm thinking of planting it in a (large) pot - at least
for this year (there's a big sycamore where I'd really like to put it
but I haven't time now to go through all the faff of getting tree
surgeons in).

Will my prunus manage for a year in the pot? I'll probably be away from
the country for about three weeks at the end of August.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address
Old 22-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Lazarus Cooke writes:
| I've just bought a prunus kiku-shidare-sakura because it was reduced at
| woolworth's. I'm thinking of planting it in a (large) pot - at least
| for this year (there's a big sycamore where I'd really like to put it
| but I haven't time now to go through all the faff of getting tree
| surgeons in).
|
| Will my prunus manage for a year in the pot? I'll probably be away from
| the country for about three weeks at the end of August.

Probably. Most of the woody Rosacea are fairly forgiving in that
respect. Put it somewhere shady where it will get rained on when
you go away.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 22-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Lazarus Cooke

In article , Nick Maclaren
wrote:

In article ,
Lazarus Cooke writes:
| I've just bought a prunus kiku-shidare-sakura because it was reduced at
| woolworth's. I'm thinking of planting it in a (large) pot - at least
| for this year (there's a big sycamore where I'd really like to put it
| but I haven't time now to go through all the faff of getting tree
| surgeons in).
|
| Will my prunus manage for a year in the pot? I'll probably be away from
| the country for about three weeks at the end of August.

Probably. Most of the woody Rosacea are fairly forgiving in that
respect. Put it somewhere shady where it will get rained on when
you go away.

Many thanks, Nick. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address
Old 27-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Lee and Kath

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:54:59 +0000, Lazarus Cooke wrote:

In article , Nick Maclaren
wrote:

In article ,
Lazarus Cooke writes:
| I've just bought a prunus kiku-shidare-sakura because it was reduced at
| woolworth's. I'm thinking of planting it in a (large) pot - at least
| for this year (there's a big sycamore where I'd really like to put it
| but I haven't time now to go through all the faff of getting tree
| surgeons in).
|
| Will my prunus manage for a year in the pot? I'll probably be away from
| the country for about three weeks at the end of August.

Many thanks, Nick. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Lazarus

Hi, Lazarus.

I have one and I have had it in a pot for about 6 years now. It is just coming into bloom at the
moment. Last year I repotted it into a slightly larger pot. I guess it is in a 12" pot now and I
have pea gravel on the top.

A very pretty tree.

Kath