Old 17-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Oxymel of Squill

Default digging dog

dogs mostly hate Vicks Vapour rub. you could try daubing some around areas
you don't want attacked

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:43:39 +0000, paul olive
wrote:

plesae help, out little pup(4-5 months rescue so not sute exactly) id
digging up flower pots possitionened at roughly ground level in long

line,
there are 2 sets of boxes, one next to the house and 1at the end of the
garden, she alwasys attcaks mthe sam epots in the lines, any one had this
problem before.

Consult dog-training sites. Nearly all bad habits can be modified with
training.

Our local NPR station carries a "Calling All Pets" program which has
much good advice. See:

http://www.wpr.org/pets/

Old 17-01-2003, 12:57 PM
PaulK

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
dogs mostly hate Vicks Vapour rub. you could try daubing some around

areas
you don't want attacked

Completely off topic, but that reminds me of the time my 18 month old got
hold of and used my Vicks inhaler stick - imagine if you can a dut running
round the room backwards trying to get away from her nose!

pk

Old 17-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:11:33 GMT, Suja wrote:

Frogleg wrote:

Our local NPR station carries a "Calling All Pets" program which has
much good advice. See:

http://www.wpr.org/pets/

You're quite lucky to have a radio show that features Patricia
McConnell. She really knows her stuff, and has written some terrific books.

My initial objection when they began carrying this was the
relentlessly cheerful tone at a very early hour on Saturday morning.
However, the advice seems reasonable and based on experience, and best
of all, seems to rely mostly on treats and praise (and the occasional
stratling noise) to train animals out of bad habits. Now I quite enjoy
the discussion and ideas. I forgot to mention that this isn't a vet
advice program, but deals strictly with behavioral problems.

Dog digging garden help Ron Lawns 5 05-05-2003 10:56 PM
Dog digging garden help Ron Lawns 5 23-04-2003 02:08 PM
digging dog Alan Holmes Edible Gardening 0 23-01-2003 10:56 PM
Dog digging garden help Ron Lawns 5 20-10-2002 12:19 AM