Old 26-03-2005, 04:40 PM
ajr

Default Sunflowers

Good afternoon,

Quick question - when is the best time to plant sunflower seeds? I live
near Weston-super-Mare in Somerset, which rarely has a frost and is a few
degrees warmer than elsewhere.

Usual thing, I've 'Googled' and found conflicting answers - February to
May!?

Many thanks.

Andrew

Old 26-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Trevor Appleton

"ajr" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Quick question - when is the best time to plant sunflower seeds? I live
near Weston-super-Mare in Somerset, which rarely has a frost and is a few
degrees warmer than elsewhere.

Usual thing, I've 'Googled' and found conflicting answers - February to
May!?

Many thanks.

Andrew

In your neck of the woods I'd go for it now, but lets see what the others
think.

Old 26-03-2005, 05:24 PM
ajr

"Trevor Appleton" wrote in message

"ajr" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Quick question - when is the best time to plant sunflower seeds? I live
near Weston-super-Mare in Somerset, which rarely has a frost and is a few
degrees warmer than elsewhere.

Usual thing, I've 'Googled' and found conflicting answers - February to
May!?

Many thanks.

Andrew

In your neck of the woods I'd go for it now, but lets see what the others
think.

That's a good enough answer for me - I just wanted someone to state 'now' so
I can blame them if they don't grow!! :-))

Off to get the trowel now!

Seriously though - I am sure that I had already planted them by this time
last year, but there wasn't a cold snap then.

Thanks for your help Trevor.

Old 26-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Tumbleweed

"ajr" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Quick question - when is the best time to plant sunflower seeds? I live
near Weston-super-Mare in Somerset, which rarely has a frost and is a few
degrees warmer than elsewhere.

Usual thing, I've 'Googled' and found conflicting answers - February to
May!?

Many thanks.

Andrew

since they cost practically nothing, just plant a few every week for the
next few weeks. If we get good weather early on, all well and good, if not,
nothing lost. You'll be planting them in pots, indoors anyway to start with
I presume?

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com