Old 31-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Duncan Heenan

Default Mediterranean orchard - progress report

Some may remember I have been trying to build a 'Mediterranean Orchard' on a
sheltered south facing terrace. I am proud to announce I have made my first
plantings ( a bit late, but I live in hope!).
I have planted 3 apricots, 1 peach, 2 kiwis (the small fruited, self fertile
ones) and 1 fig all on the south facing wall, and a free standing Asian
pear.
I still have room for about 8 more small to medium trees, and I'm still
looking for ideas. I already have most of the normal UK type fruits & nuts
in my existing orchard.
I have discounted oranges and lemons as they're too frost sensitive, even
with our very few frosts here.
Further suggestions welcomed.
I'm looking for a couple of olive trees, does anyone know of a UK source at
a sensible price?
Thanks
Duncan

Old 09-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Nicks40

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:25 +0100, "Duncan Heenan"
wrote:

I'm looking for a couple of olive trees, does anyone know of a UK source at
a sensible price?
Thanks
Duncan

Where are you? I got one for my parents from a nursery between
Kingsbridge and Plymouth, not too expensive.

Nick
Old 10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Duncan Heenan

wrote:

I'm looking for a couple of olive trees, does anyone know of a UK source
at
a sensible price?
Thanks
Duncan

Where are you? I got one for my parents from a nursery between
Kingsbridge and Plymouth, not too expensive.

Nick

Got some now over the internet, thanks. Arriving in the next day or two.

Duncan

Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Nicks40

Got some now over the internet, thanks. Arriving in the next day or two.

Duncan

Good-o

Nick
Old 13-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Jo

"Nicks40" wrote in message

Got some now over the internet, thanks. Arriving in the next day or two.

Duncan

Good-o

Nick

I bought a small one from Columbia Road Flower Market in London last year
and it is going strong...even had some weeny olives on it in the summer.
(I'm in Essex)

Jo