Old 19-01-2003, 12:12 PM
A.Gould

Default Moss on asbestos roof

Need a cleaner/killer to clear my garage roof. Ideas????

Old 19-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Emrys Davies

Strong Jeyes Fluid

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 19-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Emrys Davies wrote:
Strong Jeyes Fluid

Why not just a stiff broom? Equally effective, cheaper and MUCH less
harmful for the environment and anyone who gets near it. You also
don't have the problem of disposing of toxic waste (moss soaked in
Jeyes fluid).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679
Old 19-01-2003, 04:45 PM
david

I'd be tempted to leave it alone.
It adds insulation and you may well find that when you remove it that the
asbestos under it will start to flake off.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 19-01-2003, 04:54 PM
Mike

In article , david david@abacusnurse
ries.freeserve.co.uk writes
I'd be tempted to leave it alone.
It adds insulation and you may well find that when you remove it that the
asbestos under it will start to flake off.

and leak

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
River Class Assn Dinner Leamington Spa Sept 20th 2003.
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.

Old 19-01-2003, 07:21 PM
AWM

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
Strong Jeyes Fluid

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"A.Gould" wrote in message
Need a cleaner/killer to clear my garage roof. Ideas????

Or just ordinary bleach at say a 1 in 10 solution

Old 19-01-2003, 09:16 PM
bnd777

Household bleach kills moss better than most things