Old 15-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Monty Chatu

Default Allium

Hello

When's the best time to plant Allium bulbs?

Thanks

Monty

Old 15-04-2005, 05:41 PM
keith ;-\)

Get them in!

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.

Old 15-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Emrys Davies

"Monty Chatu" wrote in message
Hello

When's the best time to plant Allium bulbs?

Thanks

Monty

September or October.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 15-04-2005, 11:00 PM
P Williamson

I planted some 3 wks ago and they are up and growing on strongly - the
instructions said put them in late autumn...

Old 16-04-2005, 12:22 AM
p.k.

P Williamson wrote:
I planted some 3 wks ago and they are up and growing on strongly - the
instructions said put them in late autumn...

They will grow using stored energy but will have limited root structure,
long term viability might be compromised - autumn planting allows root
development

pk

Old 16-04-2005, 10:28 AM
keith ;-\)

Like everyone has said autumn planting is best,but you have nothing to lose
if you have the bulbs now.They are better off in than out!

Old 18-04-2005, 08:56 PM
P Williamson

"p.k." wrote in message
P Williamson wrote:
I planted some 3 wks ago and they are up and growing on strongly - the
instructions said put them in late autumn...

They will grow using stored energy but will have limited root structure,
long term viability might be compromised - autumn planting allows root
development

pk

I agree but that advice only holds if you remember you bought them before
spring.....

Allium unifolium sickly Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 23-04-2005 04:35 PM
Allium Bulbs Green Goblin United Kingdom 3 12-06-2004 09:04 AM
Allium Bulbs Janice United Kingdom 3 01-12-2003 01:32 PM
ornamental allium Mike Tickle United Kingdom 3 11-08-2003 11:32 AM
Rust on Chives and Ornamental Allium Janice United Kingdom 3 13-06-2003 10:44 AM