Old 18-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Chris S

Default Lost Gallery

Hi I think (?) it was Janet B who suggested a visit to the Lost Gallery if
folk were in the neighbourhood - I went up on Sunday - spotted the huge
feeder for squirrels (not busy at 1400 ish). The gallery is fantastic, as is
the drive there. Thanks for the prod, Janet - very worthwhile.

Chris S

Old 18-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Chris S

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Chris S" contains these words:

Hi I think (?) it was Janet B who suggested a visit to the Lost Gallery
if
folk were in the neighbourhood - I went up on Sunday - spotted the huge
feeder for squirrels (not busy at 1400 ish). The gallery is fantastic,
as is
the drive there. Thanks for the prod, Janet - very worthwhile.

Sorry about the absent red squirrels..did you stop the engine and sit
quiet for a bit?

Ages ago I saw a wonderful stone sculpture at the Lost Gallery
called "the listener"; it's a woman's head with her hand cupped behind
her ear as she stares into the distance. It cost a lot, I couldn't
afford it but kept hankering. A year or so later we were heading that
way again, I'd had a windfall and planned to splurge it on the listener.
She had gone, sold :-(

Last year, I found her again in her new home, superbly placed on a
promontory in a wonderful garden called Glenwhan , close to Stranraer.
Another favourite place well worth going to if you're in that corner of
Scotland (or, daytrip from the central belt).

Janet

Yes we did the engine off bit for 10 minutes or so - a red deer wandered by,
but no squirrels. I'll just have to go back :-)) I did the usual thing and
photographed the road sign pointing to "Lost" in the village! They had some
fantastic sculptures - boxing hares - wonderful - I fear the photos are all
I could afford!

Chris S

Old 18-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Chris S

[...]

Some photos available on
copy and paste this web address into your browser's web address bar:
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cnt...S4r2CBI_v1.UlN

Chris S

[IBC] Web Pages and Gallery Jim Lewis Bonsai 18 22-06-2011 07:11 PM
[IBC] IBC Photo Gallery kaflooie David J. Bockman Bonsai 0 19-03-2003 06:32 PM
Gallery Donald Veasey Bonsai 0 28-02-2003 01:34 AM
Tally OS Feb 2003 Show Table Gallery On-line! Prem Subrahmanyam Gardening 2 07-02-2003 08:12 PM
Tally OS Feb 2003 Show Table Gallery On-line! Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 2 07-02-2003 08:12 PM