Old 29-01-2003, 12:44 PM

Default micro-cells

Anyone know where I can buy the micro-cells that comapnies such as T&M now
use to grow and sell mini plugs? Just looking for the empty cells, not the
plants.

Best,

- h

Old 30-01-2003, 08:18 AM
david

Which size do you want?
Remember that most plug trays are large holding several hundred plugs per
tray

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 30-01-2003, 12:37 PM

"david" wrote in message
: Which size do you want?
: Remember that most plug trays are large holding several hundred plugs per
: tray
:
: --
: David Hill
: Abacus Nurseries
: www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk
:
I've seen some advertised recently but can't for the life of me remember
where. If I come across them I'll repost. As a rough guess they held about
30 per tray, definitely not as many as 100. There were 2 pictures, one
showing normal size plug trays and the other the mini ones. I didn't take
much notice as I didn't want any. Sorry I can't be more helpful but it may
jog someone else's memory.

Old 01-02-2003, 01:09 PM

Found some....

Plantpak make them in the size I need ... 192 cells in a tray 40 x 27 cm.

Best,

- h

Old 02-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Paul England

"H" wrote in message
Found some....

Plantpak make them in the size I need ... 192 cells in a tray 40 x 27 cm.

Best,

- h

Hi H
How deep are they ? as I've been given some polycarb sheeting and a planning
to build a propagator.

Regards ........... Paul

Old 03-02-2003, 10:52 AM

How deep are they ? as I've been given some polycarb sheeting and a
planning
to build a propagator.

The Plantpak Mini Plug Trays contains 16x12 cell mini plug trays, held in a
rigid drip tray. The pack costs approx. £2.99. Each of the 16 mini-trays
measure 6.5 x 10.5 cm. Each plug is about 2.5 - 3 cm deep and about 2 cm
wide. The nice thing about these is you can plant up each mini-tray with 12
seeds, and as they come up, can move them out to different conditions, as
opposed to having to move out the whole large tray.

Planted some seeds a few days ago ... and have now got cucumbers, tomatoes,
dianthus, melons etc germinted and growing..... :-)

Best,

- h

Old 03-02-2003, 11:16 PM
Paul England

"H" wrote in message
How deep are they ? as I've been given some polycarb sheeting and a

planning
to build a propagator.

The Plantpak Mini Plug Trays contains 16x12 cell mini plug trays, held in

rigid drip tray. The pack costs approx. £2.99. Each of the 16 mini-trays
measure 6.5 x 10.5 cm. Each plug is about 2.5 - 3 cm deep and about 2 cm
wide. The nice thing about these is you can plant up each mini-tray with

12
seeds, and as they come up, can move them out to different conditions, as
opposed to having to move out the whole large tray.

Planted some seeds a few days ago ... and have now got cucumbers,

tomatoes,
dianthus, melons etc germinted and growing..... :-)

Best,

- h

Thanks for the info, I can now plan the propagator, well it's more like a
5ft x 2ft heated coldframe. I'll be using my 30 watt beer making strap as a
heater.
I've just taken over a half share in an allotment, so I like the idea of
flexility, esp with the differant germination periods.

Thanks again .......... Paul