Old 28-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered User

Default TV Documentary

Hello Garden Banter Uk members,

I am currently producing an observational documentary about British suburban gardens and gardeners for Sky One.

If you are a charismatic and passionate suburban gardener who might like to be part of this programme please Email and tell me why your story would be good for the show.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 28-04-2005, 05:06 PM
JennyC

"TV Producer" wrote in message

Hello Garden Banter Uk members,

I am currently producing an observational documentary about British
suburban gardens and gardeners for Sky One.

If you are a charismatic and passionate suburban gardener who might
like to be part of this programme please Email and tell me why your
story would be good for the show.

Look forward to hearing from you.
TV Producer

So that lets all us URGlers out :~))
Jenny

Old 28-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Mike

So that lets all us URGlers out :~))
Jenny

No, 'some' will want 'their claim to fame'

;-))

Old 28-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Gary Woods

"JennyC" wrote:

So that lets all us URGlers out :~))

Oh, I've often been called "charismatic." Or some word that I'm sure meant
nearly the same thing. I'd be most happy to appear. Do they want to come
here, or will they provide transport?

It remains chilly, rainy, and gloomy in the American colonies. Not that
I'll get much sympathy _here_!

Old 28-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Bob Hobden

"TV Producer" wrote ...

Hello Garden Banter Uk members,

I am currently producing an observational documentary about British
suburban gardens and gardeners for Sky One.

If you are a charismatic and passionate suburban gardener who might
like to be part of this programme please Email and tell me why your
story would be good for the show.

Look forward to hearing from you.

I would have thought a good place to start is the annual "Town or Borough
xyz" in Bloom competitions. Find out who won last year in whatever area you
are interested in and get in touch, the local Council or the local newspaper
should help.
These gardeners have to be passionate about their plots to enter such a
competition and if they were also the winners then you get a great garden
too, not all are charismatic though.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 28-04-2005, 06:18 PM
JennyC

"Mike" wrote in message

So that lets all us URGlers out :~))
Jenny

No, 'some' will want 'their claim to fame'
;-))

Had my 15 minutes a few years ago on the local telly :~)
Jenny

Old 28-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Phil L

Bob Hobden wrote:
:: "TV Producer" wrote ...
:::
::: Hello Garden Banter Uk members,
:::
::: I am currently producing an observational documentary about
::: British suburban gardens and gardeners for Sky One.
:::
::: If you are a charismatic and passionate suburban gardener who
::: might like to be part of this programme please Email and tell me
::: why your story would be good for the show.
:::
:::
:::
::: Look forward to hearing from you.
:::
::
:: I would have thought a good place to start is the annual "Town or
:: Borough xyz" in Bloom competitions. Find out who won last year in
:: whatever area you are interested in and get in touch, the local
:: Council or the local newspaper should help.
:: These gardeners have to be passionate about their plots to enter
:: such a competition and if they were also the winners then you get
:: a great garden too, not all are charismatic though.

Given that it's going to be on sky one, the actual gardens are the last
thing they are interested in, what they are actually looking for is half a
dozen page three models (who have large gardens) so that they can film them
sunbathing on the lawn, frolicking in their bikinis and remarking how much
they like gardens "coz all the pri'ee flarze n stuff a lavlee"...it'll
probably have a working title of something like "How Dirty Is Your Carrot?"
or "When Marrows Enlarge" and it will be aimed at 'Sun' readers in the 18 -
25 age bracket.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 28-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Gary Woods

"Phil L" wrote:

what they are actually looking for is half a
dozen page three models (who have large gardens)

Shouldn't that be "large tracts of land?"
And so far, I haven't spotted anything negative is your description of what
might happen.
My own garden is, I fear, not nearly so attractive.

Old 29-04-2005, 06:54 PM
spakker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Phil L" contains these words:

Given that it's going to be on sky one, the actual gardens are the last
thing they are interested in, what they are actually looking for is half

dozen page three models (who have large gardens) so that they can film

them
sunbathing on the lawn, frolicking in their bikinis

I heard on radio 4, less than two weeks ago, that the most read page in the
Sun was the gardening page!