Old 01-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Itsasecret

Default Documentary

A fellow sent the following question to a support email address for a web
site that I manage. Can any of you help? You will have to post here, the
account is bogus, as real ones just get sucked into the spam engines.

"I recently viewed a documentary about Orchids and their growers on a
Comcast Cable channel in Baltimore County, Md. Part of it involved an
interview with a grower somewhere in the South that specialized in growing
extremely rare Orchids by cloning and or cross pollination. Some of these
Orchids were very expensive. Comcast wasn't any help in identifying this
documentary. I'm hoping your knowledge will help me in gathering information
about this documentary to include its name or the name of the Doctor who was
raising these Orchids."

Old 01-09-2003, 06:32 PM
test

In article ,
"Itsasecret" wrote:

A fellow sent the following question to a support email address for a web
site that I manage. Can any of you help? You will have to post here, the
account is bogus, as real ones just get sucked into the spam engines.

"I recently viewed a documentary about Orchids and their growers on a
Comcast Cable channel in Baltimore County, Md. Part of it involved an
interview with a grower somewhere in the South that specialized in growing
extremely rare Orchids by cloning and or cross pollination. Some of these
Orchids were very expensive. Comcast wasn't any help in identifying this
documentary. I'm hoping your knowledge will help me in gathering information
about this documentary to include its name or the name of the Doctor who was
raising these Orchids."

hmmm.... maybe the 60 minutes episode?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in567357.shtml

(cbs is having a bad hair day--can't get it to come up at the moment,
but there *was* something in there about a $20,000 paph IIRC)

or the house & garden channel could have re-run their thing:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_flowers_...3587_1388655,0
0.html

and i think MPT re-ran nature fairly recently...

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/orchids/

--j_a
Old 01-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Susan Erickson

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:31:37 -0400, test wrote:
hmmm.... maybe the 60 minutes episode?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in567357.shtml

(cbs is having a bad hair day--can't get it to come up at the moment,
but there *was* something in there about a $20,000 paph IIRC)

or the house & garden channel could have re-run their thing:

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_flowers_...3587_1388655,0
0.html

and i think MPT re-ran nature fairly recently...

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/orchids/

--j_a

Any documentary seems to need an excessively priced plant and a
"DR" to top it off. I mean what excitement could they generate
for this fragile plant and unusual hobby if they showed a mailman
raising them?
SuE