Old 03-05-2005, 10:34 PM
jon frohmaier

Default Clinic Weed killer

Hi,

Have found we can buy 5lts of Clinic Glyposphate weed killer alot
cheaper than buying roundup in small bottles. However is it any good?
Also it is 3 times stronger than roundup, so what dilution rate would
you use for general weed clearance, as the instructions on the tub are
difficult to understand

thanks
--
Jon Frohmaier
Old 03-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Neil Tonks

"jon frohmaier" wrote in message

Hi,

Have found we can buy 5lts of Clinic Glyposphate weed killer alot cheaper
than buying roundup in small bottles. However is it any good? Also it is 3
times stronger than roundup, so what dilution rate would you use for
general weed clearance, as the instructions on the tub are difficult to
understand

thanks
--
Jon Frohmaier

Clinic is a professional formulation of Glyphosate which is not licensed for
use by amateur gardeners. So unless you're a professional, you shouldn't
have been sold it!

According to its official UK government approval details, it contains 360g
per litre of glyphosate, which is 8 times as much as normal Tumbleweed (this
has 45g per litre) so I guess the dilution ratio will be 1/8th that of
Tumbleweed.

Neil.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon frohmaier View Post
Hi,

Have found we can buy 5lts of Clinic Glyposphate weed killer alot
cheaper than buying roundup in small bottles. However is it any good?
Also it is 3 times stronger than roundup, so what dilution rate would
you use for general weed clearance, as the instructions on the tub are
difficult to understand

thanks
--
Jon Frohmaier

Hi Jon

I have been trying to find Clinic Weedkiller for some time (first bought it in Norwich) with much luck!.........Where can you get it?

Thanks

Gus
Old 18-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gussingh View Post
Hi Jon

I have been trying to find Clinic Weedkiller for some time (first bought it in Norwich) with much luck!.........Where can you get it?

Thanks

Gus
Gus
try ringing round your local agricultural suppliers found in yellow pages. I have recently bought 5litres of Glyfos which is the same concentration as in this post. I too have found instructions not too clear for the amateur.
Thanks Neil for your information
regards
Ken
Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiake View Post
Gus
try ringing round your local agricultural suppliers found in yellow pages. I have recently bought 5litres of Glyfos which is the same concentration as in this post. I too have found instructions not too clear for the amateur.
Thanks Neil for your information
regards
Ken
I have spoken to Technical support. The concentration of Glyfos for a garden sprayer is 15ml per litre of water.
Have used at this concentration and has proved very effective.

regards to all
Ken

Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiake View Post
I have spoken to Technical support. The concentration of Glyfos for a garden sprayer is 15ml per litre of water.
Have used at this concentration and has proved very effective.

regards to all
Ken
Thanks for that - I was given 5 litres by a landscape gardener but left it out overnight and the snails ate the "directions for use" label.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
I have been trying to find Clinic Weedkiller for some time (first bought it in Norwich) with much luck!.........Where can you get it?
Some on E-Bay GLYPHOS PROACTIVE GLYPHOSATE WEEDKILLER LIKE ROUNDUP | eBay