Old 12-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Brian Watson

"kate morgan" wrote in message
m...
I have a half acre paddock that I want cutting. it is flat and not very
long just one or two patches which have got a bit tufty. I want the grass
picking up as our little old pony goes in there during the day.My son in
law usually does it but he is not available at the moment. it took him two
hours approx,
The point of my post is that a guy came to look at it yesterday and quoted
£100, I think that is a bit much or am I out of touch with prices.

Did he have a stripy T-shirt, a cocked hat, an eye patch, and a parrot
nailed to his shoulder?

It wouldn't surprise me.

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

Old 13-05-2005, 01:12 PM
kate morgan

snip
The point of my post is that a guy came to look at it yesterday and
quoted £100, I think that is a bit much or am I out of touch with prices.

I think a visit to the local pub or a card in the village shop should find
someone with a couple of hours to spare.
The bloke could have used my mower if he had wanted to. I did offer it but
he said he had one in his white van:-)
I think a watch the gardener party would suit him he had black hair a deep
tan and had a pretty high opinion of himself :-) and yes Sue you can come
and do it with bacon butties thrown in to keep your energy levels up :-) I
will expect you in half an hour!

kate

Old 13-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Sue Begg

In message , kate morgan
writes

snip
The point of my post is that a guy came to look at it yesterday and
quoted £100, I think that is a bit much or am I out of touch with prices.

I think a visit to the local pub or a card in the village shop should find
someone with a couple of hours to spare.
The bloke could have used my mower if he had wanted to. I did offer it but
he said he had one in his white van:-)
I think a watch the gardener party would suit him he had black hair a deep
tan and had a pretty high opinion of himself :-) and yes Sue you can come
and do it with bacon butties thrown in to keep your energy levels up :-) I
will expect you in half an hour!

kate

LOL

How far away are you? had I better set off now cos I'm in Aberdeenshire
:-))
I could drive down on the ride on mower !! Could be fun on the motorway
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!