Old 14-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Sacha

Default Shrub ID please?

Today we were brought a branch of a shrub none of us know. The stems are
brown and very slightly mottled; the leaves were about 2" - 3" long, oval, a
fresh green and the flowers were in racemes about 3" long but blunt, not
tapered. The racemes are thin. The flowers were 5 petalled, cream going to
a very, very pale pink near the stem and very small, probably no bigger than
e.g. A forget me not. When the flowers die the stamens remain and are quite
prominent.
I took a couple of photographs I've sent to possible helpers but would be
glad of all ideas.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 15-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Today we were brought a branch of a shrub none of us know. The stems are
brown and very slightly mottled; the leaves were about 2" - 3" long, oval,

fresh green and the flowers were in racemes about 3" long but blunt, not
tapered. The racemes are thin. The flowers were 5 petalled, cream going

a very, very pale pink near the stem and very small, probably no bigger

than
e.g. A forget me not. When the flowers die the stamens remain and are

quite
prominent.
I took a couple of photographs I've sent to possible helpers but would be
glad of all ideas.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Are the leaves entire or pinnate?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 15-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Sacha

On 15/5/05 7:06, in article ,
"Charlie Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Today we were brought a branch of a shrub none of us know. The stems are
brown and very slightly mottled; the leaves were about 2" - 3" long, oval,

fresh green and the flowers were in racemes about 3" long but blunt, not
tapered. The racemes are thin. The flowers were 5 petalled, cream going

a very, very pale pink near the stem and very small, probably no bigger

than
e.g. A forget me not. When the flowers die the stamens remain and are

quite
prominent.
I took a couple of photographs I've sent to possible helpers but would be
glad of all ideas.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

Are the leaves entire or pinnate?

Entire and serrated. I'll email you the pic.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 15-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

I took a couple of photographs I've sent to possible helpers but would be
glad of all ideas.

If you haven't got a scanner, send me one and I'll scan it for you, and
either put it on my wibble, or e-mail it to you so you can put it on
yours.

--
Rusty
horrid dot squeak snailything zetnet point co stop uk
Old 16-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha
Today we were brought a branch of a shrub none of us know.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon